VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #44: Hurricane Harbor Question

7 members have voted

1. 1. One Big Hurricane Harbor Or 2 Hurricane Harbors

• Hurricane Harbor as Opened in 2000
    • Two Different Separate Admission Waterparks

Hurricane Harbor as it is and add a 2nd lazy river and maybe a 2nd wavepool as well like Dorney has to help with the crowd issues. I would only want 2 separate water parks if 1 was indoors or each was a full size water park with 15+ slides in each.

I'm not sure I understand the poll question. Is one option that they left the old water rides in GA while also creating HH? Otherwise, why would they need two separate water parks in addition to the theme park?

I took it to mean would we want a second waterpark sort of like Disney has with Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (I think that's them). I was going to put 1 but then I thought. maybe that would make each one more enjoyable with a better distributed crowd....

I'm not sure it would garner enough business, especially since they can only be open Memorial to Labor Days, while Disney is open all year round and has so many hotel and rental units on their property.

HH is open on the weekend a week before Memorial Day like it was this year. It also used to be open on weekends though most of Sept. But like Dorney, they cut their water park season shorter to focus on extending their Halloween season by starting it super early. So some of it is Halloween creep.