VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

but the stunt arena is outdated

so i want to see it demolished and add flats rides themed to gotham city

and also

a zamperla giant discovery themed to wonder woman is built behind cyborg

and a new wooden coaster or rmc trex is built replacing the go karts and old right stuff building or the old spot of rolling thunder

with new flat rides in the boardwalk area with a zamperla hawk called boardwalk screamin replacing twister and with new rides

and looney tunes seaport can be replace by bugs bunny boomtown and safari kids can be replace by dc superfriends

and a zamperla endeavour themed to the flash is going where spin meister used to be with musik express spot become a new metro park

Edited by harry2004

harry2004,

We appreciate your posts but please adhere to our posting rules to make reading them easier. In particular, the rule around using proper sentence structure.

You can find our Forum Rules at: http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Thanks

I've been waiting for this. I always love trying to guess what our additions will be like next year. It is a very tricky thing to master, especially since Six Flags has thrown some curveballs (like the Tourbillons that GAdv and OT are receiving next season). I think Neal Thurman and Six Flags are trying to eliminate the Old Country "emptyness" and this is shown through the 2017 and 2018 investments being placed back there. I think in the upcoming years, they will try to finish off that section of the park.

Here is my 2 year prediction:

2019: With a family ride added in 2017 and a thrill ride added in 2018, I think they will try to please both the thrill seeking guests and the guests looking for tamer rides. This could be with the addition of a Giant Discovery in the old Autobahn area. It could use the Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth name. For the tamer part, they could give a DC Super Friends re-theme to some of the kiddie areas. I also think that they will start deconstruction on the Batman Stunt Arena during the 2019 season to prepare for their 2020 plans.

2020: It will be 4 years since they added a coaster in the 2020 season. Keeping with the idea of reviving the Old Country part of the park, I think that Great Adventure will add an RMC Trex Coaster (Maybe using the Lex Luthor theme- Lex Luthor's Fearless Flight). This could be possible, because RMC stated that they want to test out their Raptor Coasters before moving on to their Trex products (I don't know exactly where they said this). This could be placed in the area that Batman Stunt show stood and would take up some of the surrounding area. This would also make many of us enthusiasts SO happy! (And hopefully the GP would go crazy for it).

Please let me know what you guys think of my predictions :) .

I think it is time for more Riddler rides to come to the chain. There is a Joker presents in 3 rides at gadv. So adding the Riddler in would be a good fit. I am surprised a giant discovery did not come for the 2018 season. But there was a spinning pendulum ride by the autobahn before and it failed. Maybe that is why gadv did not get one.

In 2019 I wold like to see some new roller coaster. Family GCI maybe? There is a lot of barely used space behind El Toro and Bizarro and it should be used.

I would love to see some shows added to the mix of rides and attractions. I go to WDW twice a year or so with friends or family, but have yet to convince any of them to visit Six Flags for a multitude of reasons, including a lack of shows. Not everyone is a high speed thrill ride fan. I feel that Six Flags is completely overlooking that market segment.

• Like 2

Honestly not sure especially at this point of the season. I'm predicting either a thrill/family ride, or a new coaster. It may have only been three years since the Joker, but it only took two years for MM to get Full Throttle and TC, same with WC and the Joker at SFNE. Six Flags has become unpredictable to the point where you could post literally anything in a thread like this and it could be possible.

2018 (minor)- Elephant's replace Raja's Rawshawks

2019: Flats- Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth (Swashbuckler in Spin Meister), Crazanity (replaces Elephant's and Swashbuckler), Gen 2 enterprise (The Flash), Basketball game is relocated to be next to Wonder Woman

2020: T-rex in Movietown (Nightwing, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze) replaces stuntman and arena, Skywarp (Poison Ivy, Two-Face: the Flip Side) on top of Batman Queue [relocated next to T-rex entrance, won't need to be as long as time goes on], DMP relocated to Metropolis theater with a new show during Summer

2021: Seaport reskin to DC Super Friends [remove rapids, Nitro is rethemed to Riddler and is added to Movietown, Medusa/Bizarro removed at end of season, RRR relocated to BBNP and put in the smoking area near the DS tent's with a new entrance over there]

2022: Green Lantern becomes a Floorless [bizarro?], remove Twister at end of season, path connects GK and PDC through RT segment area as ZDOD won't need the queue space, new restaurant in the former launch pad area of Kingda Ka, perhaps a new flat that opened up at Fiesta Texas a year or two before opens in the Goldan Kingdom.

An RMC Raptor just wouldn't work at GA, it just wouldn't work. The lines could be 3-4 hours on peak days. The capacity is fine for smaller parks, Great Adventure, or any chain park is not one of them.

• Like 2

pineracer

why???????????

why you want to remove the rapids

its my favorite water ride

this is six flags great adventure

not six flags great america

and also keep swashbuckler in its location

the skyway is above the swashbuckler and air jumbo

Edited by harry2004

An RMC Raptor just wouldn't work at GA, it just wouldn't work. The lines could be 3-4 hours on peak days. The capacity is fine for smaller parks, Great Adventure, or any chain park is not one of them.

I would way rather a custom RMC Trex, but the same capacity S&S Free Spin as Fiesta Texas came to our park. I'm hoping that Six Flags realizes the capacity issue that would occur at GAdv, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Raptor clone over a Trex. I would still be happy with any RMC.

Edited by mattkopp23

Let's wait and see how the Raptors at SFFT and CGA play out. The Raptor model does have horrible capacity, but it is all relative. Joker has half the capacity as Nitro or El Toro but that doesn't mean it has twice the wait on a normal day. Lines tend to regulate themselves automatically based on capacity as the GP sniff out low capacity rides pretty quickly. I highly doubt a Raptor would garner 3-4 hour lines at our park.

With that said, the T-Rex model would certainly be more appropriate. Better capacity and it would allow for something of a grander scale. With that said, a Raptor would not shock me.

This guy on reddit recently went on a tour of the RMC headquarters and did an Ask Me Anything. Based on what he said, I don't expect to see a T-Rex coaster in 2019.

Q: IF this is real, what is the current prognosis on T-Rex track? Any discussion or sight of it?

Also, are there any rails that you saw which don't fit the color of currently announced RMC projects for 2018 (SV, TT, WW: GLC, Railblazer)? I am curious to any possible new color schemes on unannounced projects.

A: They said they wanted to start small with the steel coasters. So T Rex will come after the the success of raptors starts to spread. There wasn't any T Rex track anywhere. Not even the test one.

There wasn't any painted track of announced coasters

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/6wssqi/i_just_got_a_private_tour_of_rmcs_headquarters_ama/

Pictures of Raptor Test Track:

http://imgur.com/a/iMOT2

When it comes to an RMC Hybrid like Wicked Cyclone or Iron Rattler, unfortunately it won't happen at GAdv, mainly because we have El Toro, one the worlds best woodies. Now with that being said, since our park will kind of be excluded from the whole RMC Hybrid club in the SF chain, it'd only make sense for Six Flags to repay us with a custom T Rex. I don't want a Raptor to come to the park. Now considering Great Adventure has been fairly smart with their additions over the past few years (Sky Screamer, Joker, Justice League, and Cyborg are all really good additions in my opinion) I'm hoping that we get an insane coaster for either 2019 or 2020. Almost every SF park has had a chance to shine being "the park that gets the RMC" in past years. Hopefully we get that spotlight sometime in the near future.

Edited by Tower

pineracer

why???????????

why you want to remove the rapids

its my favorite water ride

this is six flags great adventure

not six flags great america

and also keep swashbuckler in its location

the skyway is above the swashbuckler and air jumbo

Air Jumbo- Raja's Rawshaws has been removed

Swashbuckler- another park did this

Rapids- Six Flags has been gutting their non-water park water rides recently. This move will make them more money as more people will go to HH

Skyride- parks are starting to remove them after the Great Escape incident, might as well (does leave a whole in the fort, could put a haunt attraction in it)

but pineracer

the rapids is my favorite water ride

why not build houses and hotels near great adventure so more people get money and visit both parks

go karts and twister should get removed instead for two reasons

six flags great america removed king chaos

parks are starting to remove the go karts

Edited by harry2004

go karts and twister should get removed instead for two reasons

six flags great america removed king chaos

parks are starting to remove the go karts

I think removing an attraction because other parks have isn't a reason. Expensive up keep, or lack of interest would be reasons but to say "We have this popular attraction that other parks have chosen to remove, lets take ours out too" isn't good business.

I'm not saying these attractions are popular but you didn't say that they aren't.

a thrill ride added in 2018,

This isn't a comedy thread

Skyride- parks are starting to remove them after the Great Escape incident, might as well (does leave a whole in the fort, could put a haunt attraction in it)

If we didn't get a coaster in 2019, I'd be happy with a monorail in place of the skyride

Air Jumbo- Raja's Rawshaws has been removed

Swashbuckler- another park did this

Rapids- Six Flags has been gutting their non-water park water rides recently. This move will make them more money as more people will go to HH

What parks are removing skyrides?

If we didn't get a coaster in 2019, I'd be happy with a monorail in place of the skyride

I don't think the Sky Ride is going anyplace (my opinion, no backing support). I don't believe there is much down time, there is always a line to use it, there have been no reports of people falling out of it that I'm aware of, its well placed in the park so it doesn't hinder expansion, It is a revenue generator with the sponsorships, It's fun to see the cars gliding over the park as you walk in (again, my opinion)

With the added bars around the opening of the cars and locking doors, it seems like it would be almost impossible to fall out of Great Adventure's Skyway. I would be disappointed to see it leave especially with it now being open for HITP and how cool it is to get an aerial view of the whole park decorated with lights.

What parks are removing skyrides?

Lake Compounce after what happened at Great Escape and SFNE closed theirs before this season