VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting if it’s true.

http://coasterforce.com/iaapa-2017-round-up/

The final train reveal at the show was for another Six Flags coaster – Harley Quinn’s Crazy Coaster due to open at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom early next year. The manufacturer of the ride, Skyline Attractions, unveiled the Skywarp coaster concept at IAAPA 2016 and, aside from the one pictured above, they have sold another to Six Flags Great Adventure.

Im hoping that it is a tie in for 2018 with Cyborg if it’s real.  I feel like 2 thrill rides in 2 different years (2018 and 2019) can really hurt the park.  Together they won’t (Just 2018).

On 11/17/2017 at 10:15 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Or they will announced it next year that Skywarp will be addition with Cyborg Cyber Spin for next year.

They'd have to go to Jackson now (as in like tomorrow) for approval so they can start machining the parts and laying the foundations.  Which, they very well may have in the works.  It looks like it requires a relatively small footprint and wouldn't require anything extraordinary like an environmental impact study.  Heh.  Who knows?  Looks like fun. 

Edited by Lemur

A Skywarp Eclipse would be a nice way to finish off the build out of Old Country or the Lakefront.  I remember Jim Reid-Anderson saying on a conference call that the one thing he wanted to change when he came back as CEO is to increase the speed that Six Flags executes their strategy.

Here is an image with two potential locations of a Skywarp Eclipse at approximate scale.

M8O9Jpu.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I think we could possibly getting another coaster like RMC Raptor if Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster was success at SFFT next year for 2019.

Which of these locations for a RMC Raptor do you prefer?

1. Replace Stunt Arena

2. Next to Justice League in the trees

3. Replace Twister on the Boardwalk

I prefer location 2 and wouldn't mind a CraZanity clone (larger Zamperla Giant Discovery) in location 3.

Wmuoazp.png

I would love to see it next to Justice league in the tress as that area needs more work, its a great spot that if its tall enough, it will be the first coaster people go to and that the boardwalk is pretty complete. The board walk is also one of the most congested parts of the park and that makes that area enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...

Brining up the stunt arena keeps me wondering about the future of Dead Man's Party as i think most of the other versions of that show are inside if i am not mistaken, but there's still the Concert venue on the other end of the park (could make sense for a Raptor too, right?)

• 1 month later...

Yep, there is plenty of room for queues around the ride.  I flipped the original image so that the transfer/storage tracks are in the maintenance area and so the top of the lift and drop are visible from the park entrance.  Six Flags doesn't seem to care that much about the capacity of rides right now and this has been a dead area for so long that anything they put in is adding capacity to the park.  People were making the same capacity arguments about the 4D Freespins.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe how fast it runs throughout the inversions. But my major question is strength of the structure. obviously every coaster on the east coast has to be strong enough to withstand hurricane winds and blizzards. I always thought the supports to Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster looked a little sparse or at least small. I wonder how a raptor would hold up in an NJ park

I just thought of something. I would actually prefer a Zamperla Thunderbolt over a Raptor.If you have ever ridden one, they have excellent ejector airtime, vertical lift, one more seat per train than a raptor, great hang time and the turnaround is something you don't normally see. 

3 minutes ago, Squidy2201 said:

I just thought of something. I would actually prefer a Zamperla Thunderbolt over a Raptor.If you have ever ridden one, they have excellent ejector airtime, vertical lift, one more seat per train than a raptor, great hang time and the turnaround is something you don't normally see. 

One of the most uncomfortable coasters I've ridden. :P

19 hours ago, Coaster Justin said:

No way would New Jersey allow that.

Of course they'd allow it provided they replant or protect a larger area.  Hell, if they offer to pay for the sewer work running from along 537 clear through to Lakewood, Jackson would give them anything they'd want.  

This is Jackson Township, NJ.  Everything is up for negotiation.

I definitely feel like Jackson Township will soon give some more freedom for what Six Flags does because of what they give back to the town. Soon it will be power from their solar array, water from their new plant and with the future project of a company bringing a big sports facility to the area.