VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

They got me . It was first time getting the flashpass/qbot . With an 8 year old and a 9 year old squirming around and a wife giving me an ear beating about how hot it is outside there is no way I was gonna brave 90 plus minute waits in line . I think I would have paid almost anything not to endure that. Plus mabey its just me but I seem to go to SFGA on the days the juvinile detention centers have thier field trip. Line cuting/gangster cussing/lookin to impress a girl with my pants sinched up round my knees kinda crews . I'm starting to think SFGA is on the right track now getting rid of all the flats and family entertainment (Houdini R.I.P) (Batman/Lethal Weapon/Skiing stunt shows R.I.P.) the demographic there has changed. 90 bucks yeah they know they can get it and I would have to pay it. -Enuff grindin my gears Oh yea..... Heres a shout out to the heavy-set 50year oldish African-american woman wearing the super see through mesh top I dont have to worry bout the calories from that burger I ate its all over the bush near kingda ka . Keep it real......Good work

:lol: Ridiculous Post Warning :lol:

You know what really grinds my gears? The "More Flags More Fun" commercial where the older lady is playing with her cat and a laser pointer and the guy comes on screen and rates it 1 flag.

Why is this annoying you may ask? Because that woman is clearly having the time of her life. It is obvious to me that this woman's biggest thrill in life is having her cat chase the laser pointer and Mr. Flags Guy has no right to rate her fun activity 1 flag. Not to mention there are no Six Flags rides that accommodate cats. Therefore, I am 100% positive if you asked the cat to rate Six Flags, he would give it a 1 flag rating as he cannot ride the rides (not to mention he can't even get in the park) . On the other hand, chasing a laser pointer is a cat friendly activity that would probably receive a 6 flags rating by a cat. In conclusion, I say what right does Mr. Flags Guy have to rate Mrs. Laserkitty's fun past time as 1 flag. He should stick to rating Six Flags with 6 flags and leave everyone else alone!

Edited by x Million Miles Away x

:lol: Ridiculous Post Warning :lol:

You know what really grinds my gears? The "More Flags More Fun" commercial where the older lady is playing with her cat and a laser pointer and the guy comes on screen and rates it 1 flag.

Why is this annoying you may ask? Because that woman is clearly having the time of her life. It is obvious to me that this woman's biggest thrill in life is having her cat chase the laser pointer and Mr. Flags Guy has no right to rate her fun activity 1 flag. Not to mention there are no Six Flags rides that accommodate cats. Therefore, I am 100% positive if you asked the cat to rate Six Flags, he would give it a 1 flag rating as he cannot ride the rides (not to mention he can't even get in the park) . On the other hand, chasing a laser pointer is a cat friendly activity that would probably receive a 6 flags rating by a cat. In conclusion, I say what right does Mr. Flags Guy have to rate Mrs. Laserkitty's fun past time as 1 flag. He should stick to rating Six Flags with 6 flags and leave everyone else alone!

BEST "grinds my gears" EVER.

Welp I just got back . I went over the cats house (hes my old college roommate) and the way he see's it that was 3 flags at best. But he figures its a great way to keep in shape. SFGA is anti-cat since they wont let him in the gate also there is no cut-outs in the coaster seats for his tail. So there it is , Mr Furballs has set the record straight.

I think forums are a better suit because with a chatroom, when few people are on it's tough to carry on much of a discussion of any sorts. Here we get to all come and go as we please, don't all need to be on at the same time, and yet everyone stays on the same page, and can keep up with anything we miss. Hooray for the forums :)

• 5 weeks later...

2 things:

1) Plastic jack-o-lanterns in colors other than black & orange! Jack-o-lanterns are not meant to be hot pink, nor purple nor neon-six-flags-employee-yellow/green!

2) Misspelling a simple word like "emerge." even if it's meant to be a play on words, it would be eMERGE.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that this grinds my gears and I have to say that I do love and appreciate this site so please deal with my rant.

Every picture has a HUGE "GAH" watermark thing on it. I love these old pictures and that dang thing allways seems to land on what I'm trying to home in on. I realize that it is important to keep the rights to these great pictures but its coming at a terrible loss. What the pictures are meant for (our enjoyment) is being blocked by these images. Is the Greatadventurehistory.com thing at the bottom good enough or does it have to be taken to this extraordinary level Where its 30 percent of the picture dead in the center? I know its partially see through but it does take away from the over all effect for me. There are tons of awesome pictures on this site but I'm hating because I dont get to enjoy them as much as I could.

I realize I may ruffle a feather here or two so I am going out with letting you know that big crazy stupid water-mark and all I still love this site.

Upallnite... OUT!

^ Valid gear grinding!

Unfortunately in the past when we simply had the words GreatAdventureHistory.com on the bottom many pictures were found around the Internet with the lower half inch cropped and the photos used by others as their own.

As you probably know, vintage photos of GA on the internet are few and far between, so early on we made a decision to protect the photos. We decided we would try to standardize and make the GAH watermark as transparent as possible. The words GreatAdventureHistory.com are still added simply for reference to direct viewers of "borrowed" picture back to this site.

The watermark is not meant to lessen your viewing pleasure in any way. That being said, if there is a picture where the image is totally distorted somehow, let us know and we can provide a re- or unwatermarked shot so you can catch all the details.

Thanks for the feedback!

^ Here we see the mysterious creature only known as the "Dumb ass" making his way through the brush. Is he looking for food? Shelter? No ... no... its his missing FUBU hat he just cant survive without ! What an encounter, we are truly blessed to get this on film !

My inspiration for this caption was the fuzzy picture of Bigfoot. It just reminds me of that picture . Same intelligence I'm sure.

Edited by Upallnite