VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

^Everyone else went to the park and we all took pictures but we aren't sharing them because we now that grinds your gears Rich! You should see them, they are really pretty pictures too! :P

Actually, not a lot to see. Some cobwebs in the entrannce area and Movietown, the Ogre's house is now up, but that's about it. I am sure GAcoaster will be posting an update. Tom and I sort of share a set of eyeballs- we always seem to take the same photos from the same angles, so I'll add anything he might not have taken.

Interesting...I tried the site with Chrome and haven't had any problems with it.

I wish I had your luck. I like the browser's speed, but whenever I open a new page I get a big red screen stating Malware detected at which time I must click a box stating I know the site might harm my computer and then click a button saying proceed to site. While I know the site isn't harmful at all, it gets slightly redundant after a while and to this point has made the quicker speed pointless at many other sites as well!

Whats the chances of getting Shockwave back in the park? Its been sitting for a few years in storage doing nothing. I remember this being a fun ride. Economics are there and it could be re themed. It kills me there are so many coasters just sitting somewhere rotting away when we could be on em! The gears are a grinding

Edited by Upallnite

Whats the chances of getting Shockwave back in the park? Its been sitting for a few years in storage doing nothing. I remember this being a fun ride. Economics are there and it could be re themed. It kills me there are so many coasters just sitting somewhere rotting away when we could be on em! The gears are a grinding

:iagree:

My point is just this: Too many great coasters are just sitting somewhere collecting dust. I believe they could be bought cheap and revamped (today technology) and rediscovered for a fraction of the cost of a new coaster. Not just Shockwave although I would prefer it but any coaster. Hell pick up the Cyclone and bring it here !!! I wanna ride !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a gear-grinding experience that happened to me on my last visit to GA......

So I'm walking out of Balin's Jungleland heading towards the Temple of the Tiger arena entrance when I notice a little girl who was no more than two years old walking alone down the path. My friend and I obviously found that quite unusual so we hang back keeping our eyes on her waiting to see if her parents are maybe just an arm's length away or so. Sure enough, no one acknowledges her and she continues shuffling down the path alongside the tiger viewing areas. Knowing at this point that she was solo I approach her at the same time a couple of ladies do from the opposite direction. They start asking her if she is alone and being so young the girl is short on words. I told the ladies that I noticed she was wondering way back on the other end of the trail. They said they were going to take her to the gift shop to call security and meanwhile I headed back to where I first saw her to see if anyone might be looking for their kid. When I get back to the elephant ride I notice a lady frantically looking for her child on the top level of the Tigerland Treehouse climb structure. So I yell up to her, she comes down, and I confirm with her that her little girl in the yellow sweatshirt is who she was looking for. In the end, I took her back to Kingdom Traders where the ladies took the girl and they were reunited.

The part that grinds my gears is that on our way to Kingdom Traders, she said to me "I probably should pay more attention to my child and not my cell phone conversation". :angry: Do you think so lady ???

Wow that would really get to me as well. I obviously don't have kids or anything, and to be honest I'm not overly fond of them, but I find myself when in the park picking up on it when I happen to notice one seems to be wandering with no parents or anyone else in sight of them. It just really bothers me when I noticed that. I think for some reason it kind of scares me more then aggravates me in all honesty.

The part that grinds my gears is that on our way to Kingdom Traders, she said to me "I probably should pay more attention to my child and not my cell phone conversation". :angry: Do you think so lady ???

I like your statement there! :lol2:

*Sigh* -_- Some people are just so oblivious. Especially when cell phones are involved.

People talking on cell phones during a ride! One time this year a kid in the row in front of mine was talking on his cell phone during the whole ride.

Tell me about it. This year, while riding Nitro, some idiot was video taping a POV with his cameraphone. Then, he accidently let go of it. The phone was just about to hit my face, then the final drop came just in time.

Edited by MarioSonic94

Tell me about it. This year, while riding Nitro, some idiot was video taping a POV with his cameraphone. Then, he accidently let go of it. The phone was just about to hit my face, then the final drop came just in time.

Luis L.

Nitro is the ultimate security measure for cell phones! It actually stole my friend's unintentionally right out of his pocket; although unfortunate, it was an amazing sight to see it twirling in front of us! (He lost it on the last drop near the brakes for the station)

As a whole I think people rely too much on their cell phones!

Another bad thing: People who go on boards just to spam or advertise!

Immature children who join message boards and:

1) Act tough

2) Misspell things

3) tYpE l0iKe DizzZ yo0o0

4) Post in the incorrect thread

5) PISS PEOPLE OFF!

There are also adults who pull some of that stuff too online.

Immature children who join message boards and:

1) Act tough

2) Misspell things

3) tYpE l0iKe DizzZ yo0o0

4) Post in the incorrect thread

5) PISS PEOPLE OFF!

Hey, I joined the forums here when I was 13 (if you consider 13 years old to still be a kid) and didn't do any of the above.

Edited by MarioSonic94