VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Will Six Flags Great Adventure ever bring back a 4-D theater?

Well, it's been 8 years since the 4-D theater has closed.  I've been thinking the other day, will Six Flags Great Adventure ever bringing back a 4-D theater?  

I went on searching and I found this:

xtriotech.png.pagespeed.ic.gXGchsYFgi.pn

It looks awesome and I wish Six Flags would get one of these.  Since the season pass center was moved from the white tent and it opened up a little bit of room, I think they could put one there with a better queue line and even a gift shop or put it in the Pinball Parlor.

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
MAKE SURE YOUR POSTS USE PROPER CAPITALIZATION AND PUNCTUATION. PLEASE.

will how about use the red tent for a 4d cinema with a gift shop, call it something like dream street 4d theater and demolished the paintball building for a open walk way 

Edited by harry2004

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Will Six Flags Great Adventure ever bring back a 4-D theater?

My initial thought on a 4D theater was to say “I hope not” and that it seems like the industry is kind of moving away from straight up 4D theaters and incorporating 4D elements into dark rides instead. However, then I remembered that at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Flight Of Passage is wildly popular and that is essentially a 4D theater ride in a non-conventional position. Though Disney does have the insane budget to make it really good and add all of the other sensory components (smell, feel, etc) to it.

So I won’t say it’s impossible but I don’t know that I see one being added. The one we had previously wasn’t great in my opinion and unless if they really go all out, I’d rather see them spend the money elsewhere because I don’t see it being a wildly popular ride. We’ve all kind of seen 4D simulators and theaters by now (in a standard theater format) so unless if they bring something unique or with a compelling story or it just ends up being really fun, I don’t think there’d be a ton of repeat ridership and we’d have another 4D theater sitting empty for years. Perhaps they can prove me wrong and I honestly hope they will if they did go with this.

I would love to see the return of a “Right Stuff” style 3D theater to SFGA. However, the Right Stuff building would undoubtedly not be reused. Not only were the chairs removed and concrete levels demolished, but the back of the theater building has been repurposed as a maintenance electrical shop. Our only real use of this former theater I guess is the yearly fright fest haunts and mazes, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

this is off topic but: if six flags never bringing back a 4-D theater for the right stuff building, how about turning it into a water dark ride themed to willy wonka:

its like the alton tower one but its a mix with the movies and the books,

one change the facade of the right stuff building to the facade from 1971 movie (move slingshot to twister or where great lake grandstand used to be is for a open plaza)

then you go inside of the recreation of the rules scene that serves as a pre show with willy wonka appears and talk to you that you are the golden tickets winners,

then you go into a black and white maze like in the movie then you go into big to small room that is the station, then off you go to the scenes from the movie, chocolate room for augustus gloop, inventing room for violet beauregarde, nut room or egg room for veruca salt, then the wonka wash scene, then into the tv room for mike teavee, then you get off go into the office to see willy wonka, charlie bucket, and grandpa joe in this scene, then after that go on the wonkavator ride and fly over the factory and the town like the alton tower one, then after that you walk into the bills gift shop that is a gift shop based on bills candy shop from 1971 wonka but sells: wonka candy, t shirts, toys, and dvds and blu rays copies of 1971 and 2005 wonka movies, complete with lickable wallpaper.

Edited by harry2004
  • Like 1

If 4D ever comes back to any of the SF parks,the best way to do it is have a similar system to Star Tours-that is a group of 3-6 individual small theaters instead of a single gigantic screen.That way in the slow seasons only 1 or 2 screens are used(instead of the usual 4/5).The first ones of course would be built at Great Adv. & MM,then Great Am. and OT.If SF does it right it could have multiple movies with an even greater number of different endings (again-like Star Tours) or different holiday movies . 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...