VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Legends in Concert at the Showcase Theatre in 1993

legendslogocut.png

In 1993, Great Adventure played host to a Las Vegas staple - the Legends in Concert stage show.  Performed in the Showcase Theatre, the show featured four celebrity impersonators singing live music while interacting with the audiences.

It is hard to believe this show happened 25 years ago.

Click the image below to view the entire show!

LIC.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Technically I've never seen a complete show,but 20+ years ago I was living in Hawaii.There was a mall called The Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center that had a long-running production of the show.I never actually went since the show seemed to be aimed mostly at the tourist crowd,but occasionally the then-current performers would put on a "sneak preview" in the shopping center's main lobby.Basically it would be 2 or 3 performers who would sing 2 shortened  versions of their songs and then hype up that evening's show.

I think SF should give it another shot,especially since Great Adv. is in dire need of live shows.My idea is that a group of  SF parks(such as Great Adv.,Darien Lake,and SFNE) would all have it for a season;however  each park would have a different line-up at the beginning of the season,and halfway through the summer the parks would "trade" a couple of their performers to another park to keep the show interesting.Also I think the show(s) should be hosted by a comedian impersonator(like Rodney Dangerfield,Joan Rivers or Whoopi Goldberg) who would introduce the acts and could add jokes dealing with current events.

• Like 1