VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Future of Bizarro

Stealth

Hi guys, Just a quick question - I have been hearing alot of rumors recently about the removal of Bizarro. While I know that it has always been tossed around that GL could be converted into a floorless (and now that we see Six Flags is experimenting with standup to floorless coaster conversions it is a bit more likley), but is there any concrete evidence that Bizarro could be leaving, or is it purley just speculation right now? Honestly, I think it would be terrible if Bizarro left the park. While I could see a park like St. Louis or Darien Lake benefiting from it a thousand times more than Great Adventure, I think it is a great coaster in the lineup (#4 on my list in the park). Furthermore, I have a feeling that if Green Lantern was converted, it would end up like a Rougarou, which I actually prefer Green Lantern to Rougarou - by far the worst B&M I have been on. If anyone has any evidence, please let me know. Thanks.

I don't think I have evidence but I have support to back my speculation of it being removed. The whole ride is being neglected it seems. The paint is terribly chipping and fading. Worst I have ever seen. Plus there are many rust spots along the spine of the track. They removed the onride pictures early to mid 2016 season. Brakes are very jerky. When on transport tires, the train tends to skid over the tires. Causing a squeak. The wheels on the train itself squeak (well at least since the last time I have been on it). The wheels on the train also look very used, dirty and old. I personally think the shoulder harnesses were refurbished to look better instead of being replaced. On every B&M I have been on, they all have a flat, gloss paint/coating on any restraint. The paint/coating on Bizarro's seems like a cheap, matte alternative paint/coating. And the Bizarro marquee has been getting pulled apart by park goers revealing the under lying foam. They don't even bother taking some paint to cover up the yellow/orange foam. Or even take a sharpie to it.

In my opinion, the Run Away Mine Train gets better care than Bizarro. And it is a shame too. Its a rather good ride. Seeing Scream get a repaint a couple years ago gave me hopes of a minor refresh. But I fully doubt that now.

I don't think Bizarro will be removed anytime soon. Green Lantern is like a popular coaster (maybe not among enthusiasts) and usually has a line. The standup to floorless conversions have been at parks where the popularity of the standup ride seems to have decreased. Bizarro may not have the amount of riders it had when the ride first opened but can still get a line, especially on busy days. I have seen pictures during Fright Fest when the entire queue is filled and a temporary overflow queue is used with rope and trash cans.

I literally made my account to comment on this.

Bizzaro is very easily the most underrated ride in the park. I care little for complaints about "chipped paint" and "rattles". All that age showing in it adds to the theming for me. What's more bizarre than a B&M that's in the shape of an old Arrow Dynamics coaster?

Beyond that, the ride is one of the longer and more enjoyable ones in the park. Removing it for literally anything else would be a downfall.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Draodan said:

I literally made my account to comment on this.

Bizzaro is very easily the most underrated ride in the park. I care little for complaints about "chipped paint" and "rattles". All that age showing in it adds to the theming for me. What's more bizarre than a B&M that's in the shape of an old Arrow Dynamics coaster?

Beyond that, the ride is one of the longer and more enjoyable ones in the park. Removing it for literally anything else would be a downfall.

Would you remove it, if the World's Longest Roller Coaster was put in it's place. Out past the old Safari Entrance, into Rolling Thunders old aera and in Bizzaro spot. 

1 hour ago, TylerRRC1972 said:

Would you remove it, if the World's Longest Roller Coaster was put in it's place. Out past the old Safari Entrance, into Rolling Thunders old aera and in Bizzaro spot. 

Only if it had just as many if not more inversions than Bizarro, went faster, and had a gimmick for the train (ie. floorless, standup, wing, etc). I digress, you found the one exception.

• Like 1

I don't think Bizarro is going anywhere anytime soon. Bizarro and Nitro (which has the highest guest capacity in the chain) have the highest guest capacity in the park which really helps out on those busy days (like Frightfest ).

Edited by coliwood_studios
misspelling

I would hope that Bizarro doesn’t get removed anytime soon. Of all of our coasters, I’d say it’s definitely one of the better themed. Yeah the paint job could use a touch up and sometimes the effects are inconsistent, but that doesn’t take away from how fun the overall ride experience is. Definitely a top 5 coaster for me at GA.

4 hours ago, mp13 said:

Bizzaro is a great ride, has no strong reason for why it should be removed, if anything, remove Green Lanturn and maybe replace nice Dive Coaster (for convert to Dive)

hey, that a good idea, look at sliver dollar city buzzsaw falls ride, they could it into a launch coaster, why not they did the same with green lantern but into a dive coaster

Edited by harry2004

4 hours ago, mugnezz said:

sooner or later bizarro will go to six flags america

Yeah, no.  Apocalypse is being converted to floorless.  Bizarro isn't going anywhere.  Why do people want to get rid of perfectly good rides?  If they should 86 any coast it's the green and yellow crap pile over by Superman.  

3 hours ago, Lemur said:

If they should 86 any coast it's the green and yellow crap pile over by Superman.  

i agree with you

take that stand up coaster out of here and put in a gci wooden coaster on the left and golden kingdom expansion on the right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harry2004 said:

i agree with you

take that stand up coaster out of here and put in a gci wooden coaster on the left and golden kingdom expansion on the right

Or Move Bizzaro next to Superman. This way Superman has a reason to be out of Metropolis and on the Boardwalk, Fighting Bizzaro. 

I don't know who owns the land(woods) to the left of the old Safari Entrance, but if Six Flags owns it, a Coaster themed to the Jersey Devil would look nice going out into the woods. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bizarro better not leave-it's my favorite ride in the park(tied with El Toro).

What Great Adv, should try to do is see if they could shoehorn SOMETHING back there with it-even if it's just a tilt-a-whirl or rotor ride.

And for the ride's 20th birthday it should be re-themed & repainted.While I prefer it be changed to Saquatch,I have a better version of the "Medusa" theme in mind:that of an native witch gone bad.The story would be she had a falling-out with the local tribes & settlers,and said she would haunt them forever in the form of a giant snake.The new sign for the ride could be a tribal-style carved wood sign of a woman's head with snakes for hair.

On 10/6/2018 at 8:12 PM, ericthewanderer said:

Bizarro better not leave-it's my favorite ride in the park(tied with El Toro).

What Great Adv, should try to do is see if they could shoehorn SOMETHING back there with it-even if it's just a tilt-a-whirl or rotor ride.

And for the ride's 20th birthday it should be re-themed & repainted.While I prefer it be changed to Saquatch,I have a better version of the "Medusa" theme in mind:that of an native witch gone bad.The story would be she had a falling-out with the local tribes & settlers,and said she would haunt them forever in the form of a giant snake.The new sign for the ride could be a tribal-style carved wood sign of a woman's head with snakes for hair.

I personally feel that anything themed to Natives would fit better in Golden Kingdom, but that's more Maya/Inca and Latin American groups; just works a trillion times better than North America groups.

• 3 months later...

I'll be so pissed if Bizarro goes, it's probably my favorite ride at the park, although Nitro is definitely close. I do miss the old theming/audio, but I guess the lines weren't long enough, so they couldn't justify keeping it. The coaster is literally my pfp😂

• 2 months later...

I would change the name of Bizarro to Copperhead, and re-theme it to fit the western motif of the surrounding area.  Replace the buildings in the middle of the coaster with some frontier-style buildings, and maybe add some giant cacti for the coaster to shoot past.  Change the track color to earth tones, similar to a copperhead snake, and give the cars a snakeskin pattern paint job.  

1 hour ago, miasma said:

I would change the name of Bizarro to Copperhead, and re-theme it to fit the western motif of the surrounding area.  Replace the buildings in the middle of the coaster with some frontier-style buildings, and maybe add some giant cacti for the coaster to shoot past.  Change the track color to earth tones, similar to a copperhead snake, and give the cars a snakeskin pattern paint job.  

That would be too similar to Copperhead Strike at Carowinds, it would confuse the GP (and maybe enthusiasts as well)