VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Future of Bizarro

Stealth

3 hours ago, Pineracer said:

That would be too similar to Copperhead Strike at Carowinds, it would confuse the GP (and maybe enthusiasts as well)

I really am starting to wonder what percent of Great Adventure visitors have heard of Carowinds, non the less Copperhead Strike.

14 hours ago, miasma said:

I would change the name of Bizarro to Copperhead, and re-theme it to fit the western motif of the surrounding area.  Replace the buildings in the middle of the coaster with some frontier-style buildings, and maybe add some giant cacti for the coaster to shoot past.  Change the track color to earth tones, similar to a copperhead snake, and give the cars a snakeskin pattern paint job.  

That's basically what the old coaster Viper and it's queue looked like. Check out the photos on the rollercoaster page.

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Viper.htm

14 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

I really am starting to wonder what percent of Great Adventure visitors have heard of Carowinds, non the less Copperhead Strike.

Pretty much this.  The average park goer in the area *may* be familiar with Dorney and have a vague notion that Cedar Point is lurking out there in Ohio.  They most likely have never heard of Carowinds, and if they have, aren't familiar with their coaster line up. 

With a trademarked name it doesn't matter if people heard of it or not. Cedar Fair trademarked Copperhead Strike, and if Six Flags named a roller coaster Copperhead they would most likely sue for trademark infringement or at least begin legal action and get them to change the name. Just like when Cedar Fair name Voodoo at Dorney Park and Six Flags got them to change the name to Possessed because Six Flags had the Voodoo name trademarked for a theme park attraction. Doesn't matter Voodoo is a flat ride in Mexico and no one at Dorney ever heard of it. 

While Six Flags is known for making stupid decisions, I doubt that GAdv would want Bizarro to be removed for the sake of turning Green Nightmare into a floorless. My bigger concern is that Green Lantern is literally a parking lot coaster at this point. I really want to see it torn down as it adds nothing enjoyable to our lineup. If Bizarro were re-painted or maybe even re-themed, it would become a much more popular attraction than it already is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tower said:

While Six Flags is known for making stupid decisions, I doubt that GAdv would want Bizarro to be removed for the sake of turning Green Nightmare into a floorless. My bigger concern is that Green Lantern is literally a parking lot coaster at this point. I really want to see it torn down as it adds nothing enjoyable to our lineup. If Bizarro were re-painted or maybe even re-themed, it would become a much more popular attraction than it already is.

If Six Flags didn't scrap Iron Wolf/Apocalypse/Firebird,  they aren't going to scrap Chang/Green Lantern.  It would be relocated to another park and marketed as a new floorless coaster or sold outside of the chain.  History has already shown that repainting/retheming Medusa/Bizarro only provides a temporary boost in popularity.  If one of these coasters leaves,  it would most likely come down to which park in the chain would benefit from a B&M Floorless coaster and which footprint would fit in that park.

Six Flags Parks with B&M Stand Up Coasters
- SFMM - Riddler's Revenge (repainted 2017)
- SFOG - Georgia Scorcher (repainted 2019)
- SFGAdv - Green Lantern (repainted 2011)

Six Flags Parks with B&M Floorless Coasters
- SFGAdv - Bizarro (repainted 2009)
- SFMM - Scream! (repainted 2015)
- SFA - Firebird (repainted 2019)
- SFNE - Batman - The Dark Knight
- SFDK - Medusa
- SFFT - Superman Krypton Coaster

Edited by Medusa42