VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Best Dark Rides You Have Experienced

TylerRRC1972

Ok, I haven't seen this anywhere on the site, and since GA's Dark Ride "Battle for Metropolis" has been operating for two seasons, What is your Favorite Interactive Dark Ride?

Here's My List

5. Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge

Hershey Park PA

(Thank Goodness it's being Updated in 2019)

4. The Great Humbug Adventure

Santa's Village, NH

(Cute for a Small Park Dark Ride)

3. Buzz Light-year Astro Blasters

Disneyland, CA

2. Toy Story Midway Mania

Disney California Adventure, CA

1. Battle for Metropolis

Great Adventure, NJ

(Wish it had 4 per Car instead of 6, but       then I wouldn't enjoy the Line)

Thank You, Looking Forward to Reese's Cups Fusion, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill and Ghostwood Estate next year.

• Like 1

1. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin / Astroblasters. I like how there are no screens except the speed tunnel room at WDW. Since the 2 rides are so similar I'm listing them as 1 ride.

2.  Justice League Battle For Metropolis

3. Boo Blasters (Kings Island)

4. Ghostwood Estates (Kennywood)

5. Toy Story Midway Mania

If it wasn't for the spinning, I would have put Men in Black Alien Attack somewhere in the list.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Interactive aspect aside, my favorite dark rides (that I have been on) are/were:

1. Horizons - EPCOT

2. Pirates of the Caribbean - Disneyland

3. Spaceship Earth - EPCOT

4. Phantom Manor - Disneyland Paris

5. Pooh's Honey Hunt - Tokyo Disneyland

Disney definitely blows everyone away in this aspect.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, Coaster Justin said:

Skipping Disney/Universal

5-2 In No Order

5. Justice League @ SFGAm

4. Monster Mansion @ SFOG

3. Calico Mine Ride @ Knott's Berry Farm

2. Derren Brown's Ghost Train @ Thorpe Park

1. Adventureville @ Adventure Island, UK

HM: Silver Mine at Gulliver's in the UK

I wish to add:

Animal Rescue @ Yomiyuriland

Space Fantasy @ Universal Japan (Does That Count?)

Pooh's Hunny Hunt @ Tokyo Disneyland

Sinbad's Storybook Voyages @ Tokyo Disney Seas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 4:18 PM, ZachMan said:

I love Battle for Metropolis, but you can tell MM's version had a much bigger budget, it featured Harley Quinn and even had a Harley animatronic at the end. The queue is also really different.

I wish we could’ve gotten the same at GAdv, especially since they were both installed in the same year. It seems like the MM version not only had the bigger budget, but a little bit more care and attention to detail, too.

I visited Hershey Chocolate World before Christmas and I went on the ride for the first time since its recent update.  I was disappointed to see several of the props replaced with screens and I thought the musical finale section wasn't as good as previous versions.  I wasn't really a fan of the remodeled queue either.  Maybe I am just more for nostalgia.

23 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I visited Hershey Chocolate World before Christmas and I went on the ride for the first time since its recent update.  I was disappointed to see several of the props replaced with screens and I thought the musical finale section wasn't as good as previous versions.  I wasn't really a fan of the remodeled queue either.  Maybe I am just more for nostalgia.

Everyone in my group was thoroughly confused when we were riding that dark ride, it was still cool but the old feel was so much better.

• 2 months later...

OMG the singing cows. Nostalgia. This is the same place that apparently has the first Shadow doing the pre-recorded voice right before launch on one of the most popular coasters.

Different queue on MM JL? At least you're not forced to hear Cyborg babbling on like in the GAdv queue. The only reason I like it is because his voice is so cute and very sexy. Does anyone think that when he says "He's talkin' about CAPTURIN' SUPERMAN!" he's not really that panicked? In the ride itself he's panicked and shouting at one point, and it's miles better than his still-upbeat panic at that point in the pre-show. I can go on about how "In case you don't know me..." is a REALLY DUMB line, but I won't.