29yrswithaGApass

Did you ever get sick on a ride?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Did a ride ever make you vomit?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, when did it occur?

• When the ride was in operation.
    • Still on the ride, but after it stopped moving.
    • Nearby the ride.
    • NO - A ride never made me vomit.
  3. 3. What type a ride was it?

• Roller Coaster
    • Spinning Ride
    • Vertical (tall) ride
    • Water Ride
    • Rocking Ride
    • Simulator Ride
    • Other Ride
    • NO - A ride never made me vomit.

In the grotesque and horrific style of Fright Fest......

Here is a rather gross YouTube.  It's funny to note that in all instances family and friends laugh at the person vomiting.  Just what you want to hear when you are "sick"!

Cast your vote and feel free to comment.

The only time I have ever come close was 1984 waiting in line for the Sarajevo Bobsled. I ate a churro before standing in the 1+ hour line in the hot sun, and just as we got to the top of the line about to enter the station I suddenly felt the need to puke, which I did over the railing. After waiting all that time to ride I ended up not riding for fear of additional illness... :( 

• 2 weeks later...

The closest i came to puking on a ride was gd El Diablo. Yeah. Wtf right?! I dont do well with spinning things, and apprarently looping things, either. I could feel the vomit rising up with every passing loop. All i could think was “omg im gonna barf on all these poor people, dear lord please make it stop”. Ive never concentrated so hard at keeping puke at bay, and telling myself mind over matter. The ride did finally stop and i was all jacked up the rest of the day. It ruined me. Batman will also mess me up with dizziness and blurred vision at the end.... but no where near what stupid looping dragon did to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to answer no but i was once really close to doing so after i rode alot of flipping rides in one day such as Green Lantern, i think Superman, maybe Bizzaro (i have poor memory here) but sure as heck Batman the ride which afterwards i could not even walk properly and i needed to go home and get to bed afterwards (only after sleeping did i feel better).

But on one occasion (off topic from throwing up) is that my head started hurting after i rode Nitro 2 times in a row buy it was still worth it.

• 4 months later...

I can't speak for the roughness of the ride but they layouts of all the Batman rides are the same.

I think I told this story a long time ago but i'll tell it again. The closest I got sick was riding the Enchanted Tea Cups at SFGA. We had just finished our milkshakes from Johnny Rocket's and hopped on. The first time we were spinning pretty hard. After riding once, the operator asked us if we wanted to ride again. I didn't really want to, but everyone else seemed to so I went with it. But by the third time, he said "Alright, who wants to ride again?!"

And all of us were screaming "No! Let us off!" at the top of our lungs. Somehow, he didn't quite get the message.

"Alright, here we go!!" I think he cut that cycle short, but I was feeling very nauseated for the next hour. That's the closest I've ever been to getting sick.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, ThemeParkRider said:

I can't speak for the roughness of the ride but they layouts of all the Batman rides are the same.

I think I told this story a long time ago but i'll tell it again. The closest I got sick was riding the Enchanted Tea Cups at SFGA. We had just finished our milkshakes from Johnny Rocket's and hopped on. The first time we were spinning pretty hard. After riding once, the operator asked us if we wanted to ride again. I didn't really want to, but everyone else seemed to so I went with it. But by the third time, he said "Alright, who wants to ride again?!"

And all of us were screaming "No! Let us off!" at the top of our lungs. Somehow, he didn't quite get the message.

"Alright, here we go!!" I think he cut that cycle short, but I was feeling very nauseated for the next hour. That's the closest I've ever been to getting sick.

SFStL has a mirror image Batman. For me, I never got sick on any ride. However, I have gotten sick from bad food or colds at theme parks, mainly Disney. Once ate undercooked chicken at Disney, another time had ginger ice cream that did not agree with me, most other times I picked up weird bugs there. 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, ThemeParkRider said:

@The Master Was the ginger ice cream from Disneyland? They seem to be a little more experimental with their foods on the other coast.

It was at Epcot back in the 90's when I was a kid. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/12/2018 at 9:27 AM, Lemur said:

Never horked, but I've gotten vertigo from Joker and Cyborg because I had an inner ear infection I wasn't aware of at the time. 

Now I want to see what would happen if Cyborg himself had an inner ear infection...