VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Where are you going in 2019?

coliwood_studios

My father and I are planning a few very ambitious trips for the spring and summer of 2019.

We're definitely going to be hitting our home parks which are Great Adventure, Dorney Park, Keansburg Amusement Park and iPlay America.  We're also hoping to make it into Nickelodeon Universe's Media day, and attend it multiple times if possible.

The first large summer trip would bring us down south, and then leading into the Mid-Western region of the U.S.  The parks that we'd hit (in order) include Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Dollywood, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Kings Island, Cedar Point and possibly a Pennsylvania park such as Waldameer, Kennywood, Knoebels or Hershey on the way home.

Our second large summer trip would bring us up north into Canadian Territory only before hitting New York parks, and possibly looping into Ohio.  The park we'd hit (again in order) would consist of Darien Lake, Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point.  This trip isn't as far in planning as the other trip, so there is a possibility of use hitting other parks such as Great Escape, Michigan's Adventure, and even Quassy.

There is a possibility that we'll hit other small parks within 2 hours of our home, but we haven't made any plans to do this quite yet.  Let us know if any of you are planning to go to any of these parks, and maybe we could meet up!

Definitely:

Great Adventure

Dorney

Hershey

Knoebels

Kennywood

Cedar Point

Carowinds

Six Flags New England

Nickelodeon Universe

Maybe:

Dollywood

Six Flags Great America

Six Flags Over Texas

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Any idea about how you could get into the media event for Nickelodeon Universe? I'm assuming you have to be from either the news or have a decent sized youtube channel.

• 4 months later...

*Excluding GA (visited in the past year), Dorney (first/last-2014) and Sesame Place (first-2004?, last-2009), all are first visits*

Coaster Trip, tentative:

Quassy

Lake Compounce

SFNE

Canobie Lake

Great Escape

SF Darian Lake

Waldameer

Other Plans:

Great Adventure:

-World Koaster Kids Day (likely)

-Fright Fest (tentative)

-Holiday in the Park (maybe)

Maybe:

Dorney Park (would be either before or after coaster trip for new event, might join ACE for Coaster Con next year)

Sesame Place (for Oscar's Wacky Taxi and nostolgia sake)

Clementon Park (would most likely try and do same day/span as Sesame Place)

As I mentioned with Dorney, if nothing solidifies, I'll mostly try and join ACE for next year's Coaster Con (which includes Hershey [last visit April 2017], Dutch Wonderland [Last visit I want to say was summer 2010], Knoebles [last visit June 2018], Dorney [last visit June 2014]). I'm planning on doing a semester in Madrid in spring 2021 (get Parque Warner and Parque Attractiones), then do Paris (including Parque Astrix) and London (Alton Towers, I'll say Thorpe-would most likely cut to save $), and Wallibi Belgium.

• 4 months later...

I already did all these parks but:

Six Flags Great America
Schlitterbahn Galveston
Kemah Boardwalk
Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
Santa's Village aZoosment Park (July 14th with ACE)
Movie Park Germany
Cranger Kirmes Fair (Temporary Home of Olympia Looping)
Efteling
Bobbejaanland
Toverland
Walibi Belgium
Phantasialand
Holiday Park
Tripsdrill
Europa Park

• Like 1