VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Swiss Bob II

29yrswithaGApass

Discovering proof that there were two different Swiss Bob models came as a surprise to me.  I always knew there were big differences between the ride in the early years and during its later life but I assumed that it was just the ride being updated/modified as well as the removal of its scenic elements.  I was also surprised to learn that the replacement happened in 1980.  For decades I primarily associated 1980 with the Buccaneer and Adventure Theater.

There are quite a few of odd things in this video from Belgium.  First off the ride operator is smoking and taking cellphone calls while the ride is running.  A kid strangely appears at the 0:40 mark for a split second next to the operating ride.  A little later you can see that there aren't any barriers around the ride.  Also note how fast the ride goes!  And then there is the swimming pool in the center of the ride.  Maybe that is for the mist effect?

I was thinking that too but then noticed the water is really clean and filtered. Usually those water storage bins just have rainwater in them and look murky. Then again maybe that serves two purposes- two weigh down the ride and to provide a place for workers to cool off on their break!

Perhaps Govt regulations require thrm to keep the water clean? Intex is a cheaper brand of above ground pools and likely is not a OEM part for that ride. Its very unlikely a B2B product like an amusement ride would use a low tier B2C product as a factory part. 

Edited by The Master