VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Non-Attraction Improvement Suggestions

jakesch18

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to New Non-Attraction Improvement Suggestions

Biggest single improvement would be a new lighting package on the Ferris Wheel.  Second would be refreshing the paint on most of the marquee rides.  Third would be an escape room upcharge (I hate the basic idea of these things, but apparently people with actual social skills love them).  Last would be a sit-down restaurant and potentially a dinner theater.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tower said:

Clean the park up. I would totally suggest this over a coaster, but Six Flags doesn't want to do what is most necessary. 

I don't think the park is that filthy that it's the "what is most necessary".  I've actually found it in pretty good shape.  It's hard to keep things pristine when you have large turn-over of people coming in and out every day.

• Like 1

I feel the bins in the station would definitely be good idea, but I honestly don't see that as a direction anymore for the major parks (Knobles and boardwalk parks, sure. Sea World, Cedar Fair, etc? nope)

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

I feel the bins in the station would definitely be good idea, but I honestly don't see that as a direction anymore for the major parks (Knobles and boardwalk parks, sure. Sea World, Cedar Fair, etc? nope)

By leaving them in the queue area with ride attendants, the park would be assuming too much liability for phones.  It's not like people are running around with $50 flip phones anymore.  So yeah, I totally agree. Would be nice if they had an all season locker pass though. 

Long story short:Great Adv. should concentrate on fixing/maintaining what they already got.Some examples:

New LED lights for the ferris wheel.

Bring back some of the old themeing-music in the queue lines,the wrecked cop car under B:TR,Skull Mt.'s waterfall runs daily etc.

Bring back trees and shrubs wherever possible!

Also they could add more misting stations,and have them themed for the section they are in(case in point:the one that was in Movietown;they should have kept it and called it "Gotham Car Wash").

And if they want to add more water fountains,several companies make "water bottle fountains" that can fill large bottle quickly and are durable/low maintainance.

• Like 3

The Hydration Station is a great idea! As for the bins, it won't happen but I would like to see something like what Dorney has. If you have never been, they have bins on the platform that are designated per train- when that particular train returns to the station, the bins that correspond to the train are opened by an attendant. When the train is leaving, that one is closed so no one else can steal items- no liability for the park, much happier guests.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Louisatsweetlou said:

The Hydration Station is a great idea! As for the bins, it won't happen but I would like to see something like what Dorney has. If you have never been, they have bins on the platform that are designated per train- when that particular train returns to the station, the bins that correspond to the train are opened by an attendant. When the train is leaving, that one is closed so no one else can steal items- no liability for the park, much happier guests.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose though? It's almost like one of my professors almost saying cheat on tests because of using the notes we already have from lecture for quizes. #itscomplicated

11 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

Long story short:Great Adv. should concentrate on fixing/maintaining what they already got.Some examples:

New LED lights for the ferris wheel.

Bring back some of the old themeing-music in the queue lines,the wrecked cop car under B:TR,Skull Mt.'s waterfall runs daily etc.

Bring back trees and shrubs wherever possible!

Also they could add more misting stations,and have them themed for the section they are in(case in point:the one that was in Movietown;they should have kept it and called it "Gotham Car Wash").

And if they want to add more water fountains,several companies make "water bottle fountains" that can fill large bottle quickly and are durable/low maintainance.

Six Flags would still have to put a ride in. Ex. relocate Kryptonite Collider (or a ride like Cyborg) from SFNE and put it in El Diablo's spot and call it El Sombrero (I'm sure they could do the hat thing like the original El Sombrero had intended if they can put a bust of Joker or Kryptonite on it) and then do new lights for Big Wheel, more hydrations stations, etc.

21 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose though? It's almost like one of my professors almost saying cheat on tests because of using the notes we already have from lecture for quizes. #itscomplicated

Usually the point of that is to gauge if you can write an argument and how well you take notes.  ;)

21 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Six Flags would still have to put a ride in. Ex. relocate Kryptonite Collider (or a ride like Cyborg) from SFNE and put it in El Diablo's spot and call it El Sombrero (I'm sure they could do the hat thing like the original El Sombrero had intended if they can put a bust of Joker or Kryptonite on it) and then do new lights for Big Wheel, more hydrations stations, etc.

They're just gonna put another super loop in El Diablo's spot.  And they're gonna call it ... get ready ... El Diablo. 

2 hours ago, Lemur said:
On 11/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, Pineracer said:

Usually the point of that is to gauge if you can write an argument and how well you take notes.  ;)

On 11/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, Pineracer said:

They're just gonna put another super loop in El Diablo's spot.  And they're gonna call it ... get ready ... El Diablo.

Ok, Next to El Diablo, happy?

5 hours ago, Tbone112499 said:

I would love to see the park pave/repair walkways within the park. Some stretches of concrete are especially rough in parts of Movietown and in Frontier Adventures.

I've noticed a bunch of orange and white markers appearing in random seconds on various parts of different concrete walkways. They are faded now but arrived early fall.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 8:24 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Here's my ideas:

6.Add LED lights on Big Wheel

8.Clean the whole park

10.Get rid SkyWay's old M&Ms ad back to old Six Flags cover on them

Six Flags FUN! I agree with you on a lot of these. The Big Wheel really could use an LED light package, it just isn't the same without it. I also liked a few years ago (2010?) when the park didn't construct any major attractions because the money/effort put into general park maintenance was noticeable. But I have to disagree with number ten. As for removing the old M&M logos, I actually think the logos fit in fairly unobtrusively. Not to mention the sponsorship is a great way to fund some money for the rare and expensive parts that are necessary to keep the ride running!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They haven't been able to find people to be superheroes. They need to meet strict appearance guidelines and be approved by DC / Warner Bros. Just not something easy to find in our area for whatever they're paying. And on top of that, they can't just have 1 superhero, so they need to find, hire, and approve a batch of 2-3 actors - maybe even 3 at minimum.