VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 11 - 2018: Remove the Closed Paintball Building/Open Walkway

DAY11.jpg

Great Adventure has made great progress in eliminating dead-ends in the park with the opening of the Old Country walkway and the passage through the Golden Kingdom.  It is now time to tackle the biggest roadblock - the unused Paintball building near the four tents.  Removing this building would enable guests to transverse the park more efficiently and improve the sight lines around the Carousel.  With so many rides currently located towards the rear of the Boardwalk section, foot traffic into that area would continue so the loss of revenue to the gaming attraction would be minimal.

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Day 11 - 2018: Remove the Closed Paintball Building/Open Walkway
  • 2 weeks later...

i agree with this one, remove it and build a awesome walkway with all the landscape and turn fantasy forest back into dream street again, bring back the colorful banners on poles

Edited by harry2004

I was thinking of adding Houdini to Main Street and everything else beyond Yum-Yum being Boardwalk (until the Golden Kingdom shops that is). I have thought about (when they remove Green Lantern) to turn the Golden Kingdom shops up to Green Lantern into a new land with Golden Kingdom only going from the Golden Kingdom restrooms up to the covered portion of Zumajaro's queue (which should be its queue), just an idea.

i thinking about bringing back old country (and no, im not talking about bring back old country in the same spot, im talking about where that stupid green lantern is)

there are rides in the area like: spin meister: a zamperla enterprise ride, a zamperla hawk called excalibur, a musik express like carowinds have, a zamperla flying bikes called davincis flying machine, and a backlot stunt coaster clone called autobahn

i know this is off topic but pineracer tells me that he wanted to replace green lantern with a new land

Edited by harry2004

20 hours ago, Louisatsweetlou said:

We are getting a tad bit excessive- moving a skycoaster hahahahaha

PLEASE move the paintball building though it'll actually make me very happy

When Carowind’s moved their Skycoaster, It tripled it’s profits. So moving it might not hurt (Even though I am against pay rides in general)

3 hours ago, Coaster Justin said:

When Carowind’s moved their Skycoaster, It tripled it’s profits. So moving it might not hurt (Even though I am against pay rides in general)

The Skycoaster couldn't be in a better spot right now. You have to pass by it to get to to the left half of the park, bringing in a ton of foot traffic, and the ride can be seen from pretty much all around. It's even one of the major things you pass by on the Skyride.

I love this one- get rid of the old paintball building. It would make the area look so much better and improve the flow of foot traffic. I dont think it would effect the games section much either. If people are planning to play games, they are going to do it regardless. Just because i have to detour through boardwalk, doesn't ever entice me to want to dump my money into games. I always cut throught the arcade as its much quicker & shorter.