VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 22 - 2018: Incorporate Warner Bros Movies into Holiday in the Park Attractions

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Day 22 - 2018: Incorporate Warner Bros Movies into Holiday in the Park Attractions
  • 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression Six Flags only has a license to use specific IP (Looney Tunes & DC Comics) from Warner Bros.  I don’t think they have a license for anything else in the Warner Bros library.  They would have to negotiate a new license for these Christmas movies and it might not be worth the price for the limited use during HiTP.

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

A Christmas Story the Musical would be cool for Showcase Theater, Elf would be meet & greet by Big Wheel and SkyScreamer, there will be 4D the Polar Express Experience, Christmas Vacation show would be funny in Movietown.

2 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

I was under the impression Six Flags only has a license to use specific IP (Looney Tunes & DC Comics) from Warner Bros.  I don’t think they have a license for anything else in the Warner Bros library.  They would have to negotiate a new license for these Christmas movies and it might not be worth the price for the limited use during HiTP.

Yeah, doesn't SeaWorld have the rights to Polar Express?

50 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

Yeah, doesn't SeaWorld have the rights to Polar Express?

No, they gave them up and have Rudolph now at the SW parks. 

The Polar Express Experience is licensed all over the place now. I think Adventure Aquarium used to license it as well. 

15 hours ago, harry2004 said:

i always thought should six flags rebuild the 4d cinema in movietown, they should have chances to play the polar express 4d movie

You could retrofit the Right Stuff arena for that

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 7:59 PM, Coaster Justin said:

Just curious, Did you guys have the Coca Cola Bear this year or last?

The Coca Cola Bear was in the park earlier this month for Guest Greetings.  It was in the park last year as well around the same time.