VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor's Calypso Springs- Now Open!

13 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

June 28th is the "Calypso Springs Launch Party" / Member Appreciation Event.

The description says "Be the first to relax and enjoy the all new Calypso Springs with exclusive access before it's open to the public! Enjoy specialty beverages and collect your Calypso Springs pin."

That's fast approaching, and they haven't created the Facebook event or released the schedule yet, so we'll see if that's still on track.

Thanks!

Not surprisingly, the Member Appreciation events have been swapped.

June 28th is now the Hurricane Harbor "Summer Kick-off" member appreciation event instead of the Calypso Springs preview. They'll be giving out the Hurricane Harbor logo pin. I assume next month will be the Calypso Springs pin, but not sure if the dates will align for the event to be a member preview of Calypso Springs.

https://www.facebook.com/events/384804415720262/

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, Matt Kaiser said:

Not surprisingly, the Member Appreciation events have been swapped.

June 28th is now the Hurricane Harbor "Summer Kick-off" member appreciation event instead of the Calypso Springs preview. They'll be giving out the Hurricane Harbor logo pin. I assume next month will be the Calypso Springs pin, but not sure if the dates will align for the event to be a member preview of Calypso Springs.

https://www.facebook.com/events/384804415720262/

Has Six Flags hit any of the planned opening dates this season? Across the chain?

• 2 weeks later...

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Debuts

Largest Expansion in Waterpark’s History

Massive 100,000-Gallon Activity Pool Centerpiece of New Calypso Springs

JACKSON, N.J. ─ July 17, 2019 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, debuts its second major addition for the 2019 season with the introduction of Calypso Springs. This giant activity pool is Six Flags Hurricane Harbor’s largest new attraction since the waterpark opened in 2000.

"Hurricane Harbor is an industry leader with the biggest and best water slides and thrilling, interactive family attractions. This is the perfect time to debut our largest new addition to date with Calypso Springs. Its enormous new pool, expansive lounge deck and dining area offer the best place in the region to cool off, play and relax Six Flags style with family and friends,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Winkler.

The key features of Calypso Springs include:  

·   Massive 100,000-gallon beach entry-style pool;

·   Obelisk-style fountain with spontaneously erupting geyser;

·   Giant, open lounge deck with hundreds of chairs for sunbathing;

·   Oversized umbrellas for respite from the summer sun;

·   Charming Bimini shade covers available for rental; and

·   A new dining location.

The 45-acre Hurricane Harbor waterpark also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river, more than 25 high-speed thrill slides and two interactive children’s water playgrounds. All attractions are included with Hurricane Harbor park admission, Membership and Season Pass.

For more information on Hurricane Harbor, visit www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

large.634361848_Wideshotpool.jpg.d877778

large.811551560_AerialviewCalypsoSprings

VIDEO:

large.large.28808179_CalypsoSpringslogo.

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Hurricane Harbor's Calypso Springs- Now Open!

I went to HH this past Saturday. The crowds were insane. The lines for the rides were way to long. The lazy river had so many people in it I’d be surprised if there was any current. The added chairs that came with this new pool area just gives people a place to lay a towel down for the day to go wait in lines. This water park needs more slides. High capacity slides. Not really sure how it works with park capacity but if this new pool upped the park capacity I see that as a bad thing. They allowed more people in with no where to go and just made the lines longer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I am really impressed with how nice the new area turned out.  Calypso Springs will add so much more capacity to HH than King Cobra provided.

large.811551560_AerialviewCalypsoSprings

It's just that one water pillar in the middle? I thought the whole pool was going to be surrounded with those pillars, looks pretty barebones compared to the announcement images.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I heard that Discovery Bay is often closed for most of the season now along with the 4 winds slide tower. The new pool could and should be better than what it is. 

Edited by The Master

23 hours ago, lynn41103 said:

What pictures are you guys referring to? I don't ever recall this being advertised as anything more than what's pictured above in those photos.

Initial videos and imagery showed more activities. Just small things like more fountains, mushrooms, etc. Nothing like a Discovery Bay, but more of an activity pool than just a pool.

10 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Where did you hear that?   Possibly at the very start or end of the year but not “most of the season”.

Trip Advisor reviews complained about it being frequently closed all day along with the 4 Wind slides.