VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Welcome Past & Present Ride Operations Team Members!

GAcoaster

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my name is Neil. I worked on viper back in the 95 season. I remember the mechanics comming out every morning to weld the 3 foot crack in the track in the heart line spin section bout 1\4 way in.lol & And the air conditioning in the computer room was wicked cold! i had the high score on solitare for the longest time. Anyways it was alot of fun back in the day but the outfits we had to wear were redicoulous! rember the jean shorts with the red checkered shirts and hankerchief. Well the best part of working rides was it was easy for us high school kids to pick up hot chicks and give them the 'backstage tour' or hook up with your supers and go 'hang out under the station' anyways too bad viper is the only sfGA coaster to ever get completly scrapped. But TOGO built a horrible ride. it was fun to go to top of lift hill like 30 times a day to hit the start button. they should have welded a chair up there. well i got lots o story to tell of viper days. ill post more later

Hi Neil, welcome to GAH! We hope you enjoy the site and we look forward to more great Viper stories. We could really use your expertise when we put together a Spotlight for Viper!

Wasn't this the computer room for Viper or was it located within the station building? I always liked how the inside of the door still featured Ultra Twister blue from when it was the computer room for that ride.

gallery_2_120_152857.jpg

Ya that sure is it. i guess GA was tring to save money on paint.lol. Well ill be more than happy to tell ya anything i can remember about viper. or any of the shannanagins that went on back satge.lol, just thinking of those days makes me laugh. That might have been the most fun job i ever had. Well i live in Az now but will be moving back to sayreville in few months. I cant wait to go and see how the park has changed

• 3 weeks later...

After the great saddle of 96 we had very little issues with the mechanics of the ride. I remember track issues in 98 when they replaced two areas, one at end of the service break and one after the heartline. Our main problem were the guests. I constantly had to hit a lift stop for those getting out of the harness.

Ah fun times.

There are so many stories to tell. Many true but most are false.

• 1 month later...
Hey winfield do you remember jen she was one of the night leads?

I worked the night shift from 95 to 98 mostly in the western section. I remember a Jen that was a night lead but I can't remember if it was at Mine Train or Viper.

Last I remember Mike became a Blue tag but assume he left since I have not seen him since Ka's first season.

I have been trying very hard to get back in touch with Rochelle, Miracle, Pat (who looks identical to me but was kicked off Viper for a violation and moved into shows).

• 1 month later...
Hi all! My name is Eric. I worked at the park from '96 through '00 and was part time for '01 & '02. I started in Rides at Western Cables and through out my tenure I was the lead of the Log Flume, Mine Train, Western Cables, Big Wheel and Sky Coaster (The Record Breaking Crew, I still have the Shirt they gave us!). I also did a stint in the Ice house with Mike Savage and Chet (Former and Legendary Log Flume Lead) and was a lead in Grounds. I had a great time working in the park and have met some of the best people there, many of whom I am still in touch with today. Eric

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the GAH! That's an impressive resume of rides! If you haven't alredy done so checkout our Spotlight pages on the Skyride, Runaway Train, and the Big Wheel and our conversations about them here on the Forums. We haven't done the Log Flume one yet but we may need your expertise!

We hope you enjoy the site! :)

Man was Campbell intense but a great guy. I miss so many people from the Viper days. I keep in touch with a few still but want to try to contact a few more, especially Rochelle. I was looking through all my Viper pics last night of the crew and realized what a great time I actually had working there for three years. The fact that most of us remained on the same ride also allowed us to form a bond that is hard to find almost anywhere.

Cables was the most difficult ride I ever worked on. I do not know how you guys did it all day. I worked on it once when they were doing track work on Viper and was like dancing up and down when they called me back over to start up the ride for the state inspector.

I will never forget the day that Shaun was training someone new and was at the top of the lift for a block check and the side attendant accidentally hit the emergency stop on the side panel that was next to the operator booth. The entire lift shook like crazy with an e-stop. I called him to make sure he was OK and while he was shaky and scared the girl training with him was in tears. Trying to lie to the supervisor and maintenance men that we didn't know what happened (since e-stops are actually safety violations in some cases) was such a chore. I felt so bad for Shaun and the girl but we laughed at it 5 mins later since everyone was OK. ...good times.

Edited by Winfield

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...