VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Welcome Past & Present Ride Operations Team Members!

GAcoaster

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I know it's a little late since everyone stopped there introductions but my name is Mike and I worked at the park this past season.I'll definatly be back for the 2010 season and hopefully many more.

But here are the rides I was trained for

-Cables (My home ride)

-Batman:The Ride (Attendant & Op)

-Dark Knight

-Kingda Ka

I was supposed to get trained for more rides like Houdini and in September but it didn't happen,I do have the SOP though B)

Edited by Mike13

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those buzzers really were terrible! I used to hear them in my sleep! I worked there in 1974 on the same ride, but some kind soul showed me which switch on the panel turned off the buzzers. So, when it got really bad, I would hit the switch, and tell the kids they were broken. Worked really well, until some parent who was familiar with the ride operation (and who had to listen to buzzers for two minutes, not for 8 hours) told me to just turn the switch on.

Those buzzers really were terrible! I used to hear them in my sleep! I worked there in 1974 on the same ride, but some kind soul showed me which switch on the panel turned off the buzzers. So, when it got really bad, I would hit the switch, and tell the kids they were broken. Worked really well, until some parent who was familiar with the ride operation (and who had to listen to buzzers for two minutes, not for 8 hours) told me to just turn the switch on.

I have often wondered whether those buzzers were an original feature of the ride from back in 1974. That's cool that you confirmed that "feature". The only way to shut them off when I worked there was with wire clippers! (Not that I did that!)

• 7 months later...

Hi, everyone!

Six Flags Great Adventure has been a staple in my family trips for nearly eleven years now (I'm presently 18). Some of my finest (and earliest!) memories were at the park, and one of my prized childhood pictures today still is me standing in front of the -- now removed, sadly -- Teepee, with an Indian hat that I sadly no longer own. In addition, one of my favorite family pictures was taken in the Best of the West, which I haven't stepped foot in for at least ten years despite walking by it frequently. :)

I will be working this season in Rides on the weekends until June, when I'm done with school and will be able to take weekdays. As I interviewed and was accepted on the 23rd, I'll be training on April 16th/17th - I would love to be an attendant for some of my favorite rides, including Skull Mountain, the Log Flume, the Buccaneer or Rolling Thunder. For preparation, this site has been an incredible resource - I thought I knew so much about the park, but apparently I was very, very wrong.

I hope to meet any present employees in the future. Perhaps some of us will share the same section this eason?

Thanks for the welcome, Jonathan. :) If the Buccaneer (one of my FAVORITES, even though I was terrified when I first went on it years ago) and the surrounding attractions are within Section 250, then I'd definitely like to be placed there in order to work with fellow members of the forum. I'll be sure to update after DD and Department training with my assigned section.

• 11 months later...

Hi all. My names David Sutter, and I worked at the park from 1974 thru 1976. My fist job was on Western Log Flume. 4-10:00 shift. And 2-10:00 Sat and Sun. Back then we didn't rotate thru rides, so each ride had its own team. When the log flume went down in the first year, which was often, we'd go to Western Cable Cars and Runaway Mine Train - talk about a fast training! The following year I started the season on Western Cables, and still would bounce between the three. My last season I worked entertainment as a Mr. Hockin Swipit, (toured the North East with Bango Ron in tie-in promo) Sir Wilde N. Wooley ( note: he was in the commercial with Jerry Lewis) as well as a face clown, and Raggedy Andy. I cant complain at all about my park experience. I wouldn't change it for all the the tea in china. I have fond memories of it all.