VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2020 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

This must have been the reason Six Flags didn't build more Proslide RocketBlast water coasters.  Hopefully they build a few more in 2020 now that the ride is more efficient.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/permalink/2029867620473798/

Jeffrey Siebert

53 mins
Huge thanks to Proslide, our maintenance team, and our aquatics team for commissioning a new innovative water coaster blaster nozzle design that offers big thrills while saving water and electricity! Great job Team! #SFFT2019

1 hour ago, DropDeadFuzy said:

Six Flags discovery Kingdom has begun demolition on a dolphin pool in their DC Universe section. 

You mean the one across from Big Belly Burger and next to The Penguin? I just noticed that the pool is missing from the height restriction map of the park on the Batman project plan that was submitted to the Vallejo Planning Board (page 176 of the following document).

http://vallejo.hosted.civiclive.com/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=14936427

It looks like there is currently a 25 ft. tall height restriction in that area.  A Chance Rides Freestyle has a max height of 22 ft. 3 in. and a 48 ft. footprint without the queue.

https://www.chancerides.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/freestyle_park_specsheet.pdf

Edited by Medusa42

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

You mean the one across from Big Belly Burger and next to The Penguin? I just noticed that the pool is missing from the height restriction map of the park on the Batman project plan that was submitted to the Vallejo Planning Board (page 176 of the following document).

http://vallejo.hosted.civiclive.com/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=14936427

It looks like there is currently a 25 ft. tall height restriction in that area.  A Chance Rides Freestyle has a max height of 22 ft. 3 in. and a 48 ft. footprint without the queue.

https://www.chancerides.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/freestyle_park_specsheet.pdf

And on that map it said new ride in its spot. It is possible tho that they change the height waiver like they did for Batman. 

Educated Guess: Green Lantern: First Flight and Sasquatch were going to be relocated to Dubai. Since that park has been otherwise cancelled, and Darien Lake and Frontier City re-acquired, 2020 will be very different. The family coaster next to the Starflyer and the flats would be taken by Motiongate and Bollywood Park.

Magic Mountain: 450ft tall starflyer (Supergirl), replaces Green Lantern

Frontier City+Great America: 225ft starflyer (Skyscreamer), one would have been intended for SF Dubai

Darien Lake: Free Fly (Batman the Ride), Ride of Steel gets original name back, Lasso becomes Wonder Women: Lasso of Truth, Scambler becomes Harleyquinn Spinsanity, Boomarang becomes Two-Face: the Flip Side, Predator becomes The Joker

New England: Gen 2 Enterprise (Supergirl, replaces Krytonite Collider), Mat Racer or more food options in HH

Over Texas: Mack Power Splash, intended for Dubai

Great Escape: Skyscreamer (replaces Condor)

St. Louis: RMC Raptor (Wonder Women) or Free-Fly (Two-Face)

Over Georgia: Free Fly (Two-Face: the Flipside)

La Ronde: Total Mayhem (Green Lantern: First Flight)

America: Zamperla Discovery (Two-Face: The Flip Side), focus on general improvements

Discovery Kingdom: Gen 2 Enterprise (Catwomen's Whip)

Fiesta Texas: First of its kind ride, probably

Mexico: Super Loop (El Diablo)

*Great Adventure* El Sombrero (Kryptonite Collider) in El Diablo's spot, Bizzaro is reverted back to Medusa, the RMC intended for Dubai  

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

For last time, Great Adventure is NOT getting another wooden coaster. A customized Raptor would be perfect because if Tallest, Fast, Steel rumor is very true.

RMC Ground-Up coaster is NOT Tallest, Steel, Fast. Medium-sized Raptor could be Tallest, Fast, Steel coaster for Great Adventure. So RMC Ground Up coaster could be for SF St. Louis or Six Flags Darien Lake instead. As for RMC Raptor if we getting for Great Adventure. It will probably themed to Shazam!.

What evidence do you have it's an RMC single rail coaster instead of ground up? we only know big and steel, they could do a ground up with I-box track (since they haven't done it, it doesn't mean they never will)

6 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

For last time, Great Adventure is NOT getting another wooden coaster. A customized Raptor would be perfect because if Tallest, Fast, Steel rumor is very true.

RMC Ground-Up coaster is NOT Tallest, Steel, Fast. Medium-sized Raptor could be Tallest, Fast, Steel coaster for Great Adventure. So RMC Ground Up coaster could be for SF St. Louis or Six Flags Darien Lake instead. As for RMC Raptor if we getting for Great Adventure. It will probably themed to Shazam!.

Those are some bold statements.  Unfortunately, you have zero evidence to back up your claims.  Having an opinion is one thing, but repeatedly saying it and passing it along as a fact is another.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I would love a Shazam themed coaster but I don't think we should act like we are definitely getting a Raptor or T-Rex, we'll see what happens in September when the new rides are unveiled. 

15 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Maybe, but this topic is specifically for six flags parks OTHER THAN great adventure. 

On 4/9/2019 at 7:12 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Plz stop posting about SFGADV in this thread

On 4/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Once again youre posting nonsense about GA in a NON Great Adventure thread. So i can not understand why, after repeatedly not following the rules, as well as everyone telling you to stop, youre still posting this stuff. Perhaps the mods need step in with warnings, etc ? 

• Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

For last time, Great Adventure is NOT getting another wooden coaster.

For the last time, ehhh?  Good, maybe now you'll give the rest of us some peace and stop posting the same baseless, pointless speculation you've been trying to pass off as rumor for two years now.  Seriously, give it a rest.  Your posts are making this forum extremely unpleasant to read. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I could see Six Flags New England get a launch coaster. It could replace Goliath and Flashback. This is because Goliath is closed because of Technical issues, and Flashback is outdated. Just look at the station.Image result for flashback six flags new england

*Sorry about the picture being older. This is the only one I could find. The only thing that changed was the color scheme. But they still have the metal cages! 

Anyway, I think a roller coaster similar to max force could fit, or, I heard a rumor that Full Throttle was supposed to be a clone, and it would go to Six Flags new England.

Let me know what you think!😁

^ I think SFNE is going to get another flat ride in 2020, possibly a Zamperla Endeavour. I heard SFGAm is spending more than $15 million but less than $20 million on Maxx Force.  That might be a bit too expensive for a SFNE addition, but I think the park will get some sort of launch coaster in the next few years.  Full Throttle would be difficult to clone due to the elevation change on the mountain.

34 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

^ I think SFNE is going to get another flat ride in 2020, possibly a Zamperla Endeavour. I heard SFGAm is spending more than $15 million but less than $20 million on Maxx Force.  That might be a bit too expensive for a SFNE addition, but I think the park will get some sort of launch coaster in the next few years.  Full Throttle would be difficult to clone due to the elevation change on the mountain.

I agree with the Full Throttle argument. But, we have been getting flat rides for the last couple years and are last coaster was a clone. I could see a coaster (in the next few years too) but, I think it could be a coaster because it is there 150th anniversary of being a theme park. I could also see a water park renovation too,  because the last time we expanded the water park was 2013. 

I think Six Flags should go all-out for their 60th anniversary in 2021 and give all parks new rides.The primary ones would be second-generation Condors and Enterprises as well as Tilt-a-Whirls.At one time most SF parks HAD those types of rides but were removed;if SF could stick Larson Loops in every park,why not replace former rides with updated versions?

7 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

I think Six Flags should go all-out for their 60th anniversary in 2021 and give all parks new rides.The primary ones would be second-generation Condors and Enterprises as well as Tilt-a-Whirls.At one time most SF parks HAD those types of rides but were removed;if SF could stick Larson Loops in every park,why not replace former rides with updated versions?

But just like six flags over Texas, for there 50th anniversary they got the new Texas giant

The way I see it, these are the odds of a Six Flags park getting a new coaster in 2020.

Small Chance:

Discovery Kingdom 1% Reason: Getting a Coaster in 2019.

Great America 1% Reason : Getting a coaster in 2019

Great Escape 4% Reason: Probably getting a small thrill ride because they get one every 3 years.

Magic Mountain 4% Reason: Even though they got a Coaster in 2019, they could get a new coaster but it is very rare. They did it though in 2011-2012.

Frontier City 5% Reason: A small Six Flags park that just got acquired could get a new coaster? Nah.

America 5% Reason: If Cedar Point classify Rougarou as a new coaster because it changed trains, so would Six Flags. 

La Ronde 6% Reason: This park is one of the worst in the chain. Do you think they would get a new coaster after a 9 year drought and there last coaster being a Vakoma SLC? Easy; no!

St. Louis 8% Reason: They haven't updated there kids rides in a long time and most of the park is just cheap thrill rides. If they get a coaster though, it would be a clone of the Joker at Great Adventure.

Has a chance, but not a big one:

Mexico 15% Reason: I think in 2021, they would get a coaster, but not 2020, because they got a coaster in 2018. But, they are trying to make SF Mexico the theme park of Mexico, so I could also see a smaller coaster, just to build up there line up.

Darien Lake 15% Reason: Even though they got a new coaster, I think they would a smaller coaster to welcome Darien Lake back in the Chain. Like a Pandemonium. 

Maybe:

Fiesta Texas 20% Reason: It is one of the top Six Flags parks and they get a coaster every 2-4 years. 

Over Georgia 30% Reason: This is a perfect Park for a S and S Freespin coaster like the Joker at Great Adventure. I think this would have a higher chance of the joker going to Georgia compared to Missouri.

Has a bigger chance:

Over Texas 40% Reason: The last coaster they got was a clone and Over Texas has been waiting for 2 years already.

New England 40% Reason: Same reason as Over Texas and it is there 150th anniversary.

Has the best odds:

Great Adventure 70% Reason: Isn't it obvious?!

Amusement parks don't care about adding big additions for an anniversary.  SFNE will probably have a 150th anniversary celebration of some type as a marketing ploy and add a smaller addition to the park.  The anniversary markets itself.

So far, I think Over Texas, Over Georgia, La Ronde will get a coaster in 2020.  We don't mention Great Adventure in this topic because it is off topic for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Amusement parks don't care about adding big additions for an anniversary.  SFNE will probably have a 150th anniversary celebration of some type as a marketing ploy and add a smaller addition to the park.  The anniversary markets itself.

So far, I think Over Texas, Over Georgia, La Ronde will get a coaster in 2020.  We don't mention Great Adventure in this topic because it is off topic for obvious reasons.

You think La Ronde will get a New Coaster!🤨And if Amusement Parks dont care about anniversary, then why did Over Texas get a coaster for there 50th. Also, Over Georgia got a coaster in 2018, and it isnt a top park, so it gets a coaster every 3-4 years. I think they will get a coaster in 2021 though!

Edited by SFNE fan

3 minutes ago, SFNE fan said:

You think La Ronde will get a New Coaster!🤨And if Amusement Parks dont care about anniversary, then why did Over Texas get a coaster for there 50th. 

I never said anything about a new coaster.  Think about what Magic Mountain is removing this year.  Over Texas received a new coaster because it was time for one and it lined up with the budget and schedule of the other parks in the chain.  The 50th anniversary was not the reason for it.

• Like 1