VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2020 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

Fiesta Texas has posted clues for SFFT2020 around the park already. They usually start posting teasers in July, so this is earlier than normal.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/permalink/2102137293246830/

BREAKING NEWS: The president of Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the great one, Jeffrey Siebert has informed TTS that #SFFT2020 clues are up around the park! Have you seen them? If you’re headed out to the park this week, be on the lookout!

I wouldn't trust that. Remember this picture by Jeffry Seber  (One of the head guys for Fiesta Texas)

He posted that on Social media in 2016 with a caption View Looks Good Up here 2017 is looking great.

That infers that they would get a coaster. Instead they got a waterpark expansion. Also Fiesta texas gets a coaster every 3 years exactly.

2012: Iron Rattler

2015: Batman

2018: Wonder Woman

So why would now be different?

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

Iron Rattler opened in 2013 and there isn’t a pattern for when this park receives a coaster.

https://rcdb.com/4538.htm

I don’t think SFFT is getting a coaster, as they just got Wonder Woman two years ago. 2020 Coaster wise, (Outside of GADV) I think that SFOT and SFNE will both be getting roller coasters. SFOT I think could get a modified smaller model of the Mack Powersplash & SFNE could receive a launched coaster from either S&S or Premier. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

I don’t think SFFT is getting a coaster, as they just got Wonder Woman two years ago. 2020 Coaster wise, (Outside of GADV) I think that SFOT and SFNE will both be getting roller coasters. SFOT I think could get a modified smaller model of the Mack Powersplash & SFNE could receive a launched coaster from either S&S or Premier. 

I agree

5 minutes ago, SFNE fan said:

Do you think it would be one like SFNE or SFGAV in terms of height

Giant Discovery like SFNE and not a Giga Discovery like SFGAd.  The map has a footprint of approximately 118 ft. x 80 ft. marked out.

Giant Discovery Footprint: 122 ft. x 82 ft.

Giga Discovery Footprint: 110 ft. x 77 ft.

4 hours ago, SFNE fan said:

I can see them theme it to Cyborg or the Joker.

Maybe the Riddler too.

Their version of Swashbuckler. I was thinking SFA's Zamperla Discovery and Over Georgia's Free Spins could be themed to Two-Face (Two-Face: the Flip Side) 

23 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Here's my Six Flags 2020 Predictions:

Six Flags Magic Mountain: SkyScreamer

Six Flags Over Texas: Mack PowerSplash

Six Flags America: Giant Discovery

Six Flags Over Georgia: 4D Free Fly Spin

Six Flags Darien Lake: Ride of Steel retheme / Kids Area Redo

Six Flags St. Louis: RMC Raptor

Six Flags New England: Water Park Expansion

Six Flags Great America: Water Park Expansion

Six Flags Mexico: Giant Discovery

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Family Ride

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Family Ride

Frontier City: SkyScreamer

Great Escape: Flat Ride

La Ronde: Green Lantern (retheme) from SFMM

Why would Over Texas get a new coaster and New England doesn't. Also, I don't think six flags would put all that revenue in St.louis because its one of the worst parks

Edited by SFNE fan

12 hours ago, SFNE fan said:

Why would Over Texas get a new coaster and New England doesn't.

Why not?

12 hours ago, SFNE fan said:

Also, I don't think six flags would put all that revenue in St.louis because its one of the worst parks

Sounds like a perfect reason for an investment.

6 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Why not?

Sounds like a perfect reason for an investment.

Six flags Over Texas and New Englands both last coaster was the Joker, an S&S freespin in 2017. Also, we are about equal in terms of how good the park is. Also, Over Texas, Starting at 2001, always gets a coaster every couple of years, but also, every 10 years they get a new coaster.

(I hope that made sense)

https://rcdb.com/4531.htm

8 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I was watching some Youtube video and found this:

it looks like SFGAM might gonna redo Kids Area into Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends maybe next year anyone what is going on this area?

They are just covering up old theming which they no longer use since they dropped some theming on rides and went with generic names. 

3 hours ago, DropDeadFuzy said:

I still think they'll go water park or giga discovery. 

The park president said they plan to add something to Magic Waters for 2020, so I doubt SFGAm will also add something to Hurricane Harbor.  They have been doing a lot of painting in Kidzopolis and Camp Cartoon this year, but I still think the park will add a flat package (Giga Discovery and possibly a Mega Disk’O or Endeavour) to Southwest Territory.

• 2 weeks later...

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Park News - (6/20/19) It was confirmed by a few sources that the President of Six Flags Magic Mountain announced to a group of Coaster Con attendees earlier this week that the park would be keeping their Green Lantern coaster after all. The plan is to ‘retrack’ it and reopen it sometime this year. 

This is surprising after the park first announced they were going to reopen it in late 2018, only to change their mind and announce the ride’s permanent closure and intention to remove it in early 2019. While I haven’t had the chance to ride Green Lantern myself, the word from those who have ridden it seem to indicate that it isn’t the track that is the problem with the ride, but instead the problem lies somewhere between the trains and the restraint system being used which puts a lot of uncomfortable pressure on the human body, causing severe discomfort.

Who wants to bet that the Intamin Zacspin is still leaving and "retracking" means replace with a custom S&S 4D Free Spin that is called Green Lantern?  They can market "The NEW Green Lantern" for 2020.

2 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Who wants to bet that the Intamin Zacspin is still leaving and "retracking" means replace with a custom S&S 4D Free Spin that is called Green Lantern?  They can market "The NEW Green Lantern" for 2020.

I think Magic Mountain should focus on flat rides because there collection isn't so great. I could see them adding a 400+ sky screamer, or even a flat ride package, with the Zamperla Endeavor like Supergirl at SF St. Louis. The Chance freestyle like Cyborg: Hyper Drive and Pandemonium(at the great escape). Maybe they would finally get a Larson Loop too! Also, the last time they added something to the kids area was 2014 and it was a new coaster! So, I could see them adding a smaller kids expansion, like flying scooters. 

All I'm saying is that I dont think magic Mountain is getting a coaster two years in a row. I know it happened before with X2 and Scream, but the park needs to fill in other gaps in there lineup besides coasters!

(I say those flat rides because Six Flags has been adding those models fairly recently.)

Aannnd another update:

Park News - (6/21/19) So what is really going on with the Green Lantern coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain? While the message that it was being saved spread like a virus through the coaster community yesterday, but as things tend to do… the message got twisted along the way.
    While it is true that Six Flags Magic Mountain President, Neil Thurman did mention that the coaster was going to get “retracked” or refurbished in order for it to run again… Neil did not at any time say that the Green Lantern would reopen at Six Flags Magic Mountain. 
    Looking to get confirmation of this, I was also able to get in touch with Sue Carpenter (Communications Manager) on Thursday afternoon who absolutely re-confirmed to Screamscape that Green Lantern was “Never opening at Six Flags Magic Mountain again”. 
    So there you have it! Nothing has changed… and if I had to guess Green Lantern will be coming down before you know it to find a new home.