VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags America

Tbone112499

Hi everyone. Hopefully if all goes right, I'll get to have a car on campus for my last month of the semester. If this works out for me, I'll have a chance to get to Six Flags America. It's only 1hr45mins from my school, a lot nicer a driver compared to the 3 hours it would take from home. Anyone have experience at this park? I've never been, and it will be the first Six Flags outside of GAdv that I visit (I've been told so far to lower my expectations... I guess those of us so close to GAdv are lucky, I'm going with an open mind and just happy to get on some new rides!). Any info on the rides, crowds, or  general trip planning would be great. Might be a day trip if I can go, but I'll have a few opportunities to go back before my finals start up. Thanks 👍

I enjoyed the park during my visit, after lowering my expectations. (call me crazy) but I personally like their Superman more than our Nitro. Their wooden coasters are a lot of fun, especially since GA has no traditional woodies and I guess I forgot how they rode until I went there to ride them. I went during a Saturday during Fright Fest (the day portion) and there were NO LINES- it was packed but no one was on line for the major coasters- it just felt very strange. I didn't get a chance to ride their batman ride because they were running one train but apparently people actually liked this ride because, while Superman had a station wait, batman had a TWO HOUR wait- it was crazy

I completely recommend heading to the back of the park to try out that coaster first.

Thanks all. Unfortunately I got waitlisted for a permit and I'm pretty sure I won't get a parking pass before the semester's over. I'll keep all of this in mind if I make the trip over the summer!

Update: looks like I got taken off the waitlist for a parking pass! It’s just a matter of my schedule for finals and I’ll make the trip to SFA! Didn’t expect to get there this year, hopefully Firebird will be open when I go!