VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Fair Additions for 2021

Medusa42

1 hour ago, Coaster Justin said:

I have a prediction/wish that California's Great America will get that Record breaking Gerstlauer

Cedar Fair seems wary of spending too much money on CGA.  I haven't read the new Kings Island book yet, but I saw the following comment on another forum:

"In the new book "Kings Island A Ride Through Time"  there are multiple quotes from several CF execs that confirm it. CGA was going to get a B&M hyper in 2020 with the name "Megabyte." Eventually the projected costs became greater than what they wanted to spend at CGA so they decided to build the new B&M at KI instead.  Based on the interviews it seems corporate essentially called up KI and said "we're sending you a B&M in 2020. Let's figure out what we want it to be." That project eventually became the giga coaster Orion."

18 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Cedar Fair seems wary of spending too much money on CGA.  I haven't read the new Kings Island book yet, but I saw the following comment on another forum:

"In the new book "Kings Island A Ride Through Time"  there are multiple quotes from several CF execs that confirm it. CGA was going to get a B&M hyper in 2020 with the name "Megabyte." Eventually the projected costs became greater than what they wanted to spend at CGA so they decided to build the new B&M at KI instead.  Based on the interviews it seems corporate essentially called up KI and said "we're sending you a B&M in 2020. Let's figure out what we want it to be." That project eventually became the giga coaster Orion."

Orion was $30 Million

Smiler was $25,543,807.05

Plus I'm willing to bet part of the ride cut was also NIMBY's had something to do with the relocation

My 2 "Bold" Predictions on the Gerstlauer

1- 200ft Launched Infinity Coaster where the SkyCoaster is (Tallest Gerstlauer with a Beyond 90 Degree Drop)

2- 5 Looping Launched Infinity Coaster using the Pictorium Building (Most Inversions on an Indoor Launched Coaster)