VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

• 6 months later...

I have been going to thepark since 1987 and I don't recall ever seeing the hydrants being opened like that. Of course my family would probably not have gone to the park on a day hot enough for that. In philly opening the hydrants during hot weather is a big problem since it causes low water PSI in case of a real fire, so the park probably stopped doing it for safety reasons.

While I was driving in Pennsylvania this past weekend a tractor factory was having a huge special employee/community event with tents, rides, and this hot air balloon. I took some shots of it because it reminded me of a "simplified" version of Great Adventure's balloon. Just like GA, they were giving rides to guests.

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

:Afro: ^ Dig those funky threads !!! :peace(1):

I don't know why but I Suddenly have the urge to just put some cash away now, and get a 4 person cabana during Fright Fest for the day. We usually go for a full day, and leave for a bit during the middle there before the massive crowds get there. It would be interesting to see how well the idea of the cabana works out for a full day, I could let everyone know my feelings on it, and I will definitely have a little extra cash to sling at that point so who knows it could happen lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I really think the park should have really cashed in on the Dark Knight experience and had a special event with a showing of the new movie at midnight on the 18th somewhere in the park They could have upcharged even a modest amount and had those who paid be able to enter a specific area of the park (possibly the Arena) with a wristband or something at that point and sold concessions and stuff like that. I am sure they could have raked in a decent amount. Maybe even put the movie in the Batman stunt arena with a screen rigged u and then had the whole section of the park containing Batman: The Ride, The Dark Knight, and the Batman Stunt Arena turned into it's own special venue for the night with the rides running for an hour before and after the movie. While it would probably have been a lot of work to set up, I think it would certainly have been a unique experience for people, and I think there is enough hype around this movie that they could have brought enough people in. Heck they could have even worked Batman Begins into the fold with an earlier showing to really amp up the time. :) Alas the things I think of when it's too late for them to be a good suggestion.

I don't know how many of you out there have Comcast, but they have a ton of Dark Knight promontional mini-movies On Demand. They are like the Pre-Show for the ride, set up as CNN type talk shows and news reports. They also have all the previews and "Making Of" doucmentries, for the movie. *R*

And there is another possible tie-in with The Dark Knight movie. The Terminator:Salvation preview debut's with the Dark Knight. It all seems to fit together quite nicely, as they are both Warner Bros. movies.

*R*

I dont remember where I read it but I have heard of terminator attractions on their way..Anyone else hear anything similer?

I dont remember where I read it but I have heard of terminator attractions on their way..Anyone else hear anything similer?

Magic Mountain is supposedly going to build a CGI Woodie that is themed to Terminator: Salvation. And I also found out, Christian Bale is playing John Connor in the new Terminator movies. *R*

So thinking baout it today, and trust me I'm no wild activist about this, but what are the odds the park could be able to invest in some sort of alternative energies to try out. I mean with the ladn and building surfaces they have, I wonder if the park has considered ann attempt to get some of their buildings wired up for solar or wind turbines on some property. Not that it's a major thing, but I was just curious if that could work on the park I am sure they could use some sort of break on energy costs somewhere :)

I have mentioned it to myself and friends during visits so far this year, but it had slipped my mind for a while. I don't get what is up with the lack of Superman this season. I get that Batman is all the rage now so using him probably works out well as often as they do, but for Heaven's sake we have Green Lantern and Aquaman who don't even have rides in the park themed after them, but no Superman!! Thank for reigniting my curiosity on this topic :)