VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Question of The Haunted Castle

The court records are all online with the answers on the doors. 

No one will ever know for sure if the fire was an accident or intentionally set since there was only one person there who knows for sure. 

As for the employees, it was easy to not be where you were supposed to be just like many jobs. Teenagers being teenagers they could have been anywhere if they weren't being closely watched. Having worked at the park I can tell you there were always people who knew how to disappear when they were supposed to be doing their jobs.  

I've never felt that the fire fire was started deliberately. Just a tragic accident with devastating consequences. There are so many stories that place the fourth employee in so many different locations. I'll have to keep hunting for more court records. So much of it has been destroyed and forgotten. The information that I've found has all been through newspaper clippings, the (somewhat not complete) documentary and the book. (Which I feel was a bit biased.) I wish there were interior photos available.

The "documentary" and book were both full of conjecture and unfounded speculation and should be taken with a whole shaker of salt. 

There is a lack of pictures inside the Haunted Castle. Back then it cost too much to take pictures which probably wouldn't come out because it was too dark to get a clear shot. Because of this we still haven't done a spotlight on it. 

This is a tricky subject because we want to be fair to the park and the victims, but not being experts on what happened we really don't want to say too much about the fire and really want to focus on the attraction itself. One of the criticisms I've heard about our site and our books is that we don't write more about incidents at the park, but our focus is on the millions of great memories not the sad or tragic moments.

• Like 4