VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hernando's Hide-a-way

1 hour ago, Coaster Justin said:

With the words "Smack a Shark", I think this might be the funniest Spotlight this year/ever

Smack a shark was weird, with shark heads in fluorescent colors popping out of the cabinets. It really was Whack-A-Mole with shark heads!

I had always regarded Hernando's Hideaway as being the games building at the exit to Rolling Thunder.  I know when Rolling Thunder was built, Larry Cochran (park GM at the time) referred to that entirely new area as the Spanish section of the park and the first of the park's new themed areas.

The Johny Rockets, just my opinion, in that area of the park would not be so bad had the building's exterior remained a bit more consistent with a spanish themed land rather than plopping down a building with an exterior making it look completely out of place.  This, however, is something I think Six Flags has been notorious for doing for quite some time now.  Likely a result of favoring  brand name products in the park as revenue generators and/or allowing the brand name company to determine where in the park it's products would be sold in order to maximize traffic flow and revenue for the product.

Edited by Daved Thomson
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...