VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2022 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

5 hours ago, I Have No Name said:

Assuming the Dive Coaster at FT does get cloned at Great Adventure; where you going to build it?

Perhaps a ride would be removed to make room for it. Personally I would like to see Green Lantern gone because it's an awful ride that adds nothing to our coaster lineup, but that's just my opinion. 

9 hours ago, Tower said:

Perhaps a ride would be removed to make room for it. Personally I would like to see Green Lantern gone because it's an awful ride that adds nothing to our coaster lineup, but that's just my opinion. 

I am of the opinion that the entire area outlined in red needs to be demolished and redone over multiple years.  Maybe relocate the animals, slingshot, and Dare Devil Dive somewhere else in the park.

LqupeWn.png

12 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

I am of the opinion that the entire area outlined in red needs to be demolished and redone over multiple years.  Maybe relocate the animals, slingshot, and Dare Devil Dive somewhere else in the park.

LqupeWn.png

I do think the entire area over by Superman and GL needs work. What really bothers me is the empty pavement in between GL and the Golden Kingdom, I wish that space was actually used for something, my suggestion would be to expand the Golden Kingdom so that it's more than just a way to get to Kingda Ka. Maybe relocate the Safari Kids area theme over to that spot or something.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:59 PM, I Have No Name said:

Assuming the Dive Coaster at FT does get cloned at Great Adventure; where you going to build it?

I would put it right where Rolling Thunder was! If it could fit under the same El Toro overpass that RT did, I would have the first drop dive under El Toro, that would be epic! Then it can continue with an element or two outward before turning and doing its second dive between Kingda Ka and the Zumanjaro queue path. Do some more spinny flippy and then break run around the end of the El Toro's ground terrain section and turn back into station.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:58 PM, SlickMittens said:

I would put it right where Rolling Thunder was! If it could fit under the same El Toro overpass that RT did, I would have the first drop dive under El Toro, that would be epic! Then it can continue with an element or two outward before turning and doing its second dive between Kingda Ka and the Zumanjaro queue path. Do some more spinny flippy and then break run around the end of the El Toro's ground terrain section and turn back into station.

Only issue is that's where the queue line for Zumanjaro is, in fact Zumanjaro was essentially RTs replacement.

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to 2022 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA
16 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

The sign finally went up and Safari Kids is now officially Jr. Thrillseekers!  With the start of revamping the kids section this year, what could be instore for next season?

232913763_607218026915328_6876147855702219316_n.jpg

Source:  Joe Dudek fb

I noticed this yesterday on my visit, too! I think they have some solid room near Lil' Devil to put back one or two of the old Seaport rides. Maybe some of the smaller rides like Hearts Aweigh or the Submarine. It'll be interesting to see new themes if/when these rides come back. Another nice area for some kids rides could be near the old site of the Musik Express. A DC Superfriends area could fit nicely there and help to fill out Metropolis on the opposite side closer to the fountain!

A B&M dive machine would be amazing at Great Adventure at some point in the future! If it was past the 300 foot mark (maybe even 290 feet height with a 300 foot drop), it could the "giga" that the park always wanted. It would have to be 55 feet taller than the current record holder (Yukon Striker) to reach 300 feet. Unfortunately, a dive machine of that size would probably not happen though due to the overwhelming price tag.

It's exciting to see B&M working with Six Flags again, it gives hope that Great Adventure will see it's SIXTH B&M someday! 😳 

On 8/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, Gyrotron said:

Is the park subtly teasing that Bizarro may be rethemed to Medusa again? If so, that’s awesome and would add so much charm to the park.

B8BDB54B-6A8E-4FE7-A8E9-AFEEEDDF1A42.thumb.png.73db1288ea5299d6f0f5faeb7f95150a.png

I would be cool with this but I wouldn't want them to remove the fog/fire effects. Those give the coaster alot of charm already, and besides, this is the only Bizarro themed ride in the chain now since the one in New England was rethemed (same with Green Lantern since the one in California is also gone)

Interesting that they are updating the kids area in the middle of the season,which makes me wonder what or if they'll be anything for next season. I honestly wouldn't mind having a quiet year since we got JDC, and focus of fixing things up with maybe a show or two.

5 minutes ago, truepolak90 said:

Interesting that they are updating the kids area in the middle of the season,which makes me wonder what or if they'll be anything for next season. I honestly wouldn't mind having a quiet year since we got JDC, and focus of fixing things up with maybe a show or two.

I have a feeling Six Flags is done with yearly additions for each park but I could be wrong.

Exactly why it wouldn't surprise me if we had a quiet 2022 season with park updates and maybe a show or 3 in the arenas. It would honestly be a nice and much needed addition. The arena next to Bizarro has been dark for some time now and they only use showcase and stunt arena for fright feat and holiday in the park. Something for summer time would be a welcome addition. 

• 2 months later...

Yeah it's something I've been saying .... why not have indoor shows in the summer to get out of the heat for about 20-30 minutes? Ditto for HITP shows.

As for the Northern Star Arena next to Bizarro; why not have shows there again? If not a concert, why not like a Monster Truck show (though where the trucks would be stored and such is another issue altogether)

So Bizzaro is becoming riddler now it appears. Odd to see another green coaster and the second green B&M. Feels odd as I don't see them adding any theming, but will probably gut all of the Bizzaro theming. I guess it's to capitalize on the new movie. 

Edited by mkj3322

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUJgaaTjoA

It looks like the re-painting process has already begun for next year's re -theme. Looks like the supports will be bright orange and the track will be neon green (as opposed to the lime green during the Medusa days). Honestly, the paint job is overdue either way. It's only been 12 years and the Bizarro paint was almost completely fading; don't even get me started on the storytelling signs in the queue...

The question is, will the Bizarro effects be removed (e.g. flamethrowers, the auger of doom, etc.) for the re-theme?

15 hours ago, mkj3322 said:

So Bizzaro is becoming riddler now it appears. Odd to see another green coaster and the second green B&M. Feels odd as I don't see them adding any theming, but will probably gut all of the Bizzaro theming. I guess it's to capitalize on the new movie. 

I normally avoid all of the comic book and superhero movies, but I might checkout The Flash movie to see Michael Keaton as Batman again.

Six Flags signed a 5 year deal with PPG paints in June, so I would expect to see all major attractions in the park repainted before the deal ends.  The park president of Six Flags Over Texas stated that all major attractions in that park will be repainted by the end of 2023.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210623005163/en/PPG-Announces-Preferred-Paint-Supplier-Agreement-with-Six-Flags

On 11/5/2021 at 12:41 AM, mkj3322 said:

I anticipated a re-theme a few months ago! 🥳 I thought they would go back to Medusa. But, from the recent hints it seems the park will have another DC character.

I guess I just don't see the point other than the fact that the Riddler is in the new movie. Basically it looks like it's just going to be a change to an uglier color scheme. On top of that, the entrance portal/buildings/auger/fire will be removed as they have nothing to do with the Riddler. So what is really being gained here? I bet we'll lose our horizontal gum covered horse as well. 

Edited by mkj3322