VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Kennywood To Remove 4 Rides

Yoshi

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHI7m1SF9Y6/?igshid=1i0qg7ixpkg0p

We have some difficult news to share regarding our attractions lineup for next summer.

The following rides are in the process of being removed: Kangaroo, Paratrooper, Bayern Kurve and Volcano. Maintenance and upkeep for these classic rides gets more difficult every year, and we have determined the best path forward is to retire them.

I only had a few hours at the park when I visited in 2013 and missed the Kangaroo and regretted it and hoped to eventually get another chance to try the ride. Losing so many rides at once is really a shame.

That's a shame, I am a big fan of Bayern Kurves.

Idlewild is removing three attractions:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHI9jtAlFJO/

One thing that is a constant in life is change. At Idlewild & SoakZone, part of our evolution over the last 143 years has been a continuous examination of the sustainability, capacity and popularity of our attraction lineup. As part of that process, the following attractions will be retired prior to the start of our 2021 season: the Rainbow Wheel in Raccoon Lagoon, Bubbling Springs Ball Pit in Jumpin' Jungle, and the current Ferris Wheel in Olde Idlewild. 

We know that these attractions have created countless memories for so many of you over the years, and we join in saying a heartfelt goodbye. 

Idlewild remains committed to offering our Guests a mix of classic attractions and new adventures. We look forward to adding new and exciting family experiences in future seasons. Stay tuned!

• 1 year later...

Kangaroo is coming back in 2022.

https://www.kennywood.com/content/knw/en/discover-the-park/plan-your-visit/experiences/what-s-new.html

A Kennywood Classic Returns

A true Kennywood classic will rejoin the park’s world-class collection of rides in 2022.The iconic Kangaroo will return fully refurbished and ready to thrill riders with its unique ride experience – a rite of passage for younger guests seeking bigger thrills. 

More than a ride, Kangaroo is a timeless Kennywood tradition. Riders have looked forward to the feeling of weightlessness aboard the attraction for generations. Now, the ride that served as the inspiration for Kennywood’s mascot will make its triumphant return 60 years after its initial debut. 

In partnership with Premier Rides – one of the amusement industry’s leading ride manufacturers and innovators – Kennywood has begun a total refurbishment of Kangaroo. This work will enhance the experience with an all-new LED lighting package, vibrant new colors, and state of the art operating systems while still providing the classic “Flying Coaster” feel. 

• Like 1

That’s great to see they are bringing it back. I don’t think I’ll be back to Pittsburgh anytime soon but if I ever visit Kennywood again, I’m glad I’ll have another chance to try the ride.