VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2021 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

1 hour ago, Coaster Justin said:

Is that true or just a rumor?

The new park management walks around the park and stops to talk with people in the park.  Several people have reported hearing about the Aquaman changes from members of the new management team.

It's nice to see the capacity issue addressed because this ride is rumored to be the next coaster at SFNE once Goliath and Flashback are removed.  It is currently unclear which year this will happen.

10 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

The new park management walks around the park and stops to talk with people in the park.  Several people have reported hearing about the Aquaman changes from members of the new management team.

It's nice to see the capacity issue addressed because this ride is rumored to be the next coaster at SFNE once Goliath and Flashback are removed.  It is currently unclear which year this will happen.

I can see Goliath going cause of Downtime but I don't think I've heard any problems with Flashback

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hurricane Harbor Chicago is now a separate gate from Six Flags Great America and the 27th park in the chain.

https://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2021/03-22-2021-110120968

Six Flags Great America, in Gurnee, Illinois, will open for its 45th year on April 24, 2021. In addition, the waterpark in Gurnee will open with a separate gate on May 29, at which time Hurricane Harbor Chicago will become the company’s 27th park.

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 1

I was shocked when they included it with the park to start with, but at least they built it in a way that they could make it a separate gate and share the entry plaza (like Magic Mountain). All these theme park/water park combos just seem like a nightmare to balance out the crowds. Separate gates make it a little easier to control the capacity. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I hope to get back there in the next few years to try it. I knew it was going to be closed when I visited in May but it's been one of the coasters I have been looking forward to riding since becoming a coaster enthusiast.