VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Mexico saying "bye bye" to Superman el Ultimo Escape

Bradley

I have extremely sad news! Six Flags Mexico has announced that Superman el Ultimo Escape will not reopen for the 2021 season. This was a Morgan hyper coaster that opened in November 2004. It was originally planned to open in 2002, but it got delayed. The coaster last operated on December 18, 2020. After 16 years, we will be saying goodbye to a fan favorite attraction.

RIP Superman el Ultimo Escape (November 19, 2004 - December 18, 2020)

Adios Superman.jpg

Edited by Bradley

https://www.inside-mexico.com/april-fools-on-december-28/

The Day of the Holy Innocents (Día de los Santos Inocentes), on December 28, commemorates the biblical story of King Herod’s orders to execute male babies in Bethlehem in order to kill baby Jesus.

In Mexico as in all Latin countries people play jokes and pranks to trick friends and family  every December 28, which is similar to April Fool’s Day. The media also get involved by reporting news that is false, all in good fun. Many visit cemeteries with offerings to souls of departed children, in line with a pre-Hispanic tradition.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear it's not really being removed. I was going to wonder why a newer coaster was being removed with how reliable Morgan hyper coasters usually are and I thought it was one of the more popular rides at the park.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm late to this party, but after my visit last year, I wasn't that upset to see this news (before learning the truth). Not unlike many of its Morgan brethren, this coaster was irredeemably rough, without many enjoyable forces to save it. The best part was the theming in the queue – quite detailed for Six Flags. Of course, it's better than nothing, but if it meant it was being replaced with something newer – even if smaller – I think it could have been a good trade.