VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What If Chiller was converted to an LSM coaster?

MarioSonic94

I've always wondered after seeing some of Premier's recent rides. Would it have been possible at any point in Chiller's lifespan in the park for Premier to convert the launching system from LIMs to LSMs? Sure they're more expensive, but they're supposedly more reliable than the LIMs. Who knows, maybe Chiller would still be in the park today.

• Like 1

Interesting idea. I think if it was possible and the ride was changed to LSMs either before 2006 or if there had been different management been in charge of the chain at the time the ride was removed. With the way Red Zone had so many rides standing but not operating and even more rides removed over the 2006 - 2007 offseason and cut costs so many other places, I don't think they would have wanted to spend the money.

• 1 month later...

If they converted Chiller to a LSM coaster, it would only fix a part of the rides problem. The trains would need to be completely replaced because the zero g rolls caused significant stress on the bottom of the trains (which is why the rolls were replaced with humps) as well as valley issues with completing the rides course. I would of loved to see the layout of the ride completely changed after the main elements and had the ride made into one awesome coaster instead of two separate dueling tracks like West Coast Racers at SFMM.