VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2022 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

This is the place to discuss 2022 news, rumors, and predictions for all Six Flags parks that are not Six Flags Great Adventure.

Rules:

1) To avoid redundant posting across topics, do not post about Great Adventure.

The topic for Great Adventure can be found here: http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?/topic/6495-2022-and-beyond-speculation/

Parks:

Six Flags Over Texas: Aquaman Power Wave

sfot_choosepark.jpg?itok=w6KM34DW

La Ronde: Vipère

lr_choosepark.jpg?itok=815ljxXE

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Sidewinder Safari

sfdk_choosepark.jpg?itok=m4LAGMgU

Six Flags St. Louis: Catwoman Whip

sfsl_choosepark.jpg?itok=gfS_0b4e

Six Flags Darien Lake: Wahoo Wave

sfdl_choosepark.jpg?itok=nS8CuyXi

Six Flags Magic Mountain: RMC Raptor (extended Jersey Devil clone)

Here is link to the approved plans for Magic Mountain.

https://epicla.lacounty.gov/SelfService/#/plan/c292f719-db4c-44ad-a217-011599501c9a?tab=attachments

Plan Number: RPPL2020000479

u6781JF.png

eHnFxwp.png

UII4ZJR.png

Six Flags Mexico:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas:

Frontier City:

Six Flags Great America:

Six Flags Over Georgia:

Six Flags America:

Six Flags New England:

Great Escape:

Water Parks:

White Water Atlanta: Python Plunge

wwa_choosepark.jpg?itok=l5g6o8Bp

Hurricane Harbor Concord:

Hurricane Harbor LA:

Hurricane Harbor Phoenix:

Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec:

Hurricane Harbor Arlington:

Hurricane Harbor Splashtown:

Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City:

Hurricane Harbor Rockford:

Hurricane Harbor Chicago:

Edited by Medusa42
Added Hurricane Harbor Chicago
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Based on the Six Flags website, here is what remains from the planned capital from 2020.  Attractions that have not opened so far include:

Listed as new for 2022:

Catwoman Whip - Six Flags St.Louis

Aquaman Power Wave - Six Flags Over Texas

Python Plunge - Six Flags White Water

No longer listed:

Vipere - LaRonde

Wahoo Wave - Six Flags Darien Lake

Sidewinder Safari - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

sixflags2020mod2 copy.jpg

On 7/14/2021 at 10:04 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Based on the Six Flags website, here is what remains from the planned capital from 2020.  Attractions that have not opened so far include:

Listed as new for 2022:

Catwoman Whip - Six Flags St.Louis

Aquaman Power Wave - Six Flags Over Texas

Python Plunge - Six Flags White Water

No longer listed:

Vipere - LaRonde

Wahoo Wave - Six Flags Darien Lake

Sidewinder Safari - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Earlier this year at an enthusiast event,  Frontier City said they wanted to add a Zamperla Spinning Wild Mouse to the remaining land left over from the Go-Karts.  Sidewinder Safari is still in pieces in the parking lot at Discovery Kingdom and the concrete work has not started yet.  With the rumors about Discovery Kingdom's future, it will be interesting to see if this coaster gets moved to Frontier City.

I know foundation work was completed for Vipere.  I thought foundation work was already completed on Wahoo Wave, but I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they may have finally realized that not building expensive new coasters periodically was hurting attendance. Especially in competitive markets like San Antonio where SeaWorld has opened a couple of new coasters recently. 

My guess is we'll be back to small additions for a year or two then a big addition again for all the parks. 

Six Flags Over Texas announcement is tomorrow.  The park is slowing bringing back it's old SBNO attractions now that they have a new park president.

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/events/60th-anniversary-celebration

On Thursday, August 5, the first 10,000 guests inside the gates will receive a free commemorative 60th Anniversary button.  In addition, a ceremony will take place at 1:00 p.m., outside the Crazy Horse Saloon, where park president Ron McKenzie will make an exciting announcement about what lies ahead and pay honor to how it all began. Guests can also enjoy specialty throwback food and drink items, including Pink Thing bars that can be purchased for just one dollar only on August 5. 

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/new-experiences

Six Flags Over Texas Announces ‘Pirates of Speelunker Cave’ Ride

Six Flags Over Texas celebrated its 60th anniversary today by announcing that an all-new ride experience will make its debut for the 2022 season.

Pirates of Speelunker Cave is a state-of-the-art attraction that will place guests squarely in the middle of a pirate treasure hunt thwarted by resident Speelunkers. This exciting, new attraction is the second new ride announced at the park and is scheduled to open early in 2022.  Aquaman: Power Wave, a previously announced multi-launch water coaster, will also debut next season.  

“As the world’s first regional theme park, Six Flags Over Texas has built a solid reputation of providing innovative thrills and lifelong memories for generations of families,” said Six Flags Over Texas Park President Ron McKenzie. “What better way to celebrate our park’s 60th anniversary than by announcing a brand-new attraction that pays homage to our past and launches us into the future,” added McKenzie.

An all-new entry plaza will welcome adventurers with coastal theming and an open vantage point of the ride’s first descent into Speelunker Cave. Once aboard their six-passenger boat, riders will experience 17 brand-new scenes that combine state-of-the-art cinematic projection with immersive sets and animatronics.

KeyArt-Pirates-1536x864.png

• Like 1

It is looking like Magic Mountain's announcement will be on Monday.  They have been doing a coaster countdown everyday on facebook and the last of their 19 coasters should be posted on Sunday.  Monday is also National Roller Coaster Day.

During the Fiesta Texas announcement, the park president said passes would go on sale in mid-August.  So I would expect the rest of the Six Flags announcements next week after Magic Mountain.

• 2 weeks later...

240055894_10226110399616494_176692174754

So I happened to see this yesterday at Six Flags America.

Two things come to mind here:

1. With back to school happening soon, staffing issues mean some rides may not operate because of reduced staffing
2. The park is like "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo" it, Vekoma's not making replacement parts for Flying Dutchmans anymore; we're getting rid of this coaster.

What say you all?

I like that ride and I hope they don’t get rid of it. The scariest thing for me about Batwing is that you don’t really know whether all is safe with the restraints until the train flips upside down at the top of the lift and everyone’s weight is put on the devices at which point it’s too late if it fails.