VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Starting in the early 80's soft drinks were served with plenty of ice and without a straw.  If you wanted to sip your soda with a straw the only option was to purchase a crazy straw.  You can see a cup of the twisted straws in the cup on the counter below.  Also note they were 19 cents and the menu board even mentioned that ice was mandatory.  Who went crazy with their straws at GA?

SFGA_LS_290_SEP83 copy.jpg

I didn't take much money with me to the park back then if I took any. I remember those straws but I never got one at the park. as an adult, I have gotten them for my kids. They didn't last long. Like GAcoaster said, they never seemed to be clean.

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 1:28 AM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I never bought the crazy straws.  I didn’t want to carry it around, just like I dislike carrying the refillable sports bottle today.  

Thats why they should do something similar to Dorney Park where they either let you choose a refillable cup for your drink plan or where you scan your card and get sa paper cup every time. I liked last year when you could just get a cup for free every time