VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Most Dissapointing Park You've Been To

GAcoaster

I just got a message from Dainan (who is at Cedar Point), and it sounds like he's kind of disappointed with the park not living up to expectations. It got me thinking, what has been the most disappointing park you've visited? Which parks haven't lived up to the hype or your expectations?

For me the park that was the biggest letdown was King's Island. I had always heard it was SUCH a great park...enthusiasts gushed about it all the time. I had been to Kings Dominion several times and enjoyed it, but I always heard the KI was even better. I thought KI was generally a run down place, with only one really good coaster and a lot of crappy ones. I was not disappointed by The Beast... I thought it was as good as I had always heard, but the rest of the park just didn't do much for me. I think Kings Dominion is a MUCH better park, thought enthusiasts still seem to think KI is the better of the two.

I've been to theme parks all over the country, and hands down the worst one was Six flags over Georgia. The service was horrible, in fact there was a memorable incident with a merchandise clerk whom I asked for directions to the nearest lockers, and he ignored me. Nobody else in the store, the guy was simply sorting unused merchandise bags, and he looks at me then looks back to his merchandise bags and continues ignoring me. I asked him 3 more times, and each time he looks up at me, then back down to the merchandise bags and doesnt answer me. The line for superman was 30 minutes, even though they only needed to dispatch maybe 5 trains before I got to the front of the line, simply because they kept having problems with oversized people not fitting into the seats. The wait on the deja Vu was 2 hours, with dispatches every 7+ minutes, again due to slowdowns from oversized people. The park layout is on a steep hill, which is murder on the feet. The food was low grade slop. After only 2.5 hours in the park, I went to guest relations and announced I was leaving, very disappointed. I went on only one ride(superman). They gave me a raincheck to come back for free, but I never did.

The old Seaworld that used to be in Ohio, I think there was only one set or restrooms in the whole park and god awlful lines for everything.

Sesame Place again had awlful lines all we could even get to eat there all day was popcorn and we still had to wait in line for 20 min for it and there were missing child announcments every 2 min.

Steel Pier in Atlantic City was a big let down. I've never been to a seaside amusement park so I have nothing to compare it to but it was an irritating place. I was there this pat weekend. Some of the rides had some bad recordings encouraging you to scream. The employees looked like they would rather be eat cat litter then smile. None the less my daughter had a good time and thats what really counts. Still I read about it's lustrous history so the current Steel Pier has a lot to live up to. :Rainbowsmiley2:

My first visit to Holiday World made it my once least favorite park. After a return trip I learned that I went the wrong time of year for me. It wasn't over 100 degrees and the treeless waterpark and the heated pools were a plus on a cool May day. It wasn't crowded and I could ride the tornado and toilet bowl slides. The coasters were much better maintained and Voyage became my favorite wooden coaster and the other cracked my top favorites. The park does have a horrible layout and a less than friendly attitude towards enthuisasts, but after Holiwood Nights, I would give the park another try. Kings Island and Great Escape were also huge disappointments, but I will give GE another try. The only thing going for KI is already at KD or SFA. I may go back but I will be kicking and screaming.

I too have only been to the Disney Parks, Busch Europe, Hershey, Dorney, GA, and one in Canada and really haven't been dissapointed in any of them that I can think of to this point in time. I think all the local parks seem to keep themselves in pretty good condition for the most part, wtih each having their ups and downs. I'll have to keep my real complaining until I find one that just absolutely drives me insane.

I would have to say Cedar Point was the most disappointing park but not a bad park by any means. This trip was clear a case of anticapointment(sp). I found the park to have good coasters (Magnum really only stood out as great to me). MF and a few flats were closed which might of hurt my opinion somewhat but of course I cannot say for sure.

I did feel that the park was lackluster in terms of its feel. For a "lake" side park it felt to much like a slab of concrete in many locations. Sure it was clean and the people were nice but I expect that when I pay to go anyplace.

• 3 weeks later...

Tweetsie Railroad

300 Tweetsie Railroad Lane

Blowing Rock, NC 28605

Avoid this address at all costs. Super expensive . Super lame . 2 rides even with small kids we lasted 2 hours there. I give this joint 5 out of 5 steaming piles. Trust me the towns name says it all here folks !

California. Adventure.

Walked in expecting a Disney park, walked (ran) out as if it were a Six Flags park on a bad day. Horrendous crowds, terrible layout, bad employees. For a long time I was under the impression that Disney knew not what the word failure meant, unfortunately I learned a lesson that day. However I will forgive the almighty Dis, as everyone is allowed one huge mistake.

Mountain Creek Waterpark

Now anyone who has met me from here knows I'm not exactly a thin guy, but I also don't think that I am a really big guy either. When we went to MC last year, every time I by myself or friends and I got onto a raft ride, my butt dragged along the ground to the point that I almost had to make sure I was sitting on top of the Donut tubes instead of partially in them or I would come to an almost halt at times. Now I have been to many waterparks in my life, and never experienced a problem then, and never sawy anyone with a larger frame experience these problems either. I just feel like the park has some decent slides and everything set up, but doesn't allow enough water flow for them to really be enjoyed. I suppose I should be lucky because had I gone during Action Park days I think low water would have been the least of my problems, but for now MC is really sour to me! :(

The most dissapointing park I've ever been to was Fuji-Q Highlands. We got to the park around 2, and it closed at 5! Almost all of the rides were closed including Dodonpa. Dodonpa did end up reopening, but only to people who were in line earlier in the day when it closed. Out of five hours we spent there (We stayed after closing because of lines), I got on 4 rides. Fujiyama which was a 45 minute wait. Zola 7, which was a walk on (and terrible). Pizza (Huss Giant Frisbee) and Eejanaika which was a two and half hour wait. And our last ride of the day, because the park was closing when we got in line. So the park basically shuts down the lines 2 hours before they kick everyone out. Which made no sence, and the employees were lacking.

Also, Cedar Point, the first half of my first day (as Tom pointed out) sucked.

California. Adventure.

Walked in expecting a Disney park, walked (ran) out as if it were a Six Flags park on a bad day. Horrendous crowds, terrible layout, bad employees. For a long time I was under the impression that Disney knew not what the word failure meant, unfortunately I learned a lesson that day. However I will forgive the almighty Dis, as everyone is allowed one huge mistake.

Last year, Disney announced that they were spending $1 billion to expand and change the image of the park.

Here is a video showing of what to expect in the coming years

Edited by MarioSonic94

SFGA should just scrap all the baby land rides (who in their right mind takes 2 and 3 year olds to a major park?) Go to the boardwalk for the love of pete. Concentrate on 7 year old and up rides (flats) and solidly theme the whole place. Why is fright fest so popular? People love to be scared. Imagine the park with a full season of fright fest type atmosphere. Cater to what the people want. Im calling for a complete rehaul of the joint!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The water park at Hershey Park 3 summers ago. I forget the name and I wish I could forget the experience. It was so bad I wrote a letter asking for my money back and they ablidged. Not only was it too over-crowded. It was highly unsafe. At one point I counted only 3 lifeguards supervising about 500 guests. I'll never go back there again. The only saving grace was the air conditioned chocolate factory tour ! yum

King's Dominion. I had a great trip in 1989 before Paramount ran the park but went back in 1996 and had a horrible time. My last trip was in 2003 and it was just as bad. Horrible operations, 1 train on many coasters with long waits, the park was dirty and the employees were rude (not all of them but more than expected). I will probably give the park another chance since I haven't been back since CF took over since I still need almost all the credits there (I only have Rebel Yell Blue and Scooby Ghoster Coaster)

While I find Hershey to be an excellent park, I can't say the same for their undersized waterpark section called The Boardwalk. The 4 slides are good and they have the only bowl in the area. But 4 slides are not enough and the queue layout for them is poorly designed. The wavepool is too small and their river is pretty lackluster. Rollersoaker is fun but it's slow loading causes awlful long lines for it. Their big water playground is just a mess and has bad lines for it's body slides. Overall The Boardwalk was a mistake, Hershey should have built a separate waterpark like HH and WWK.

Another park is SFA in MD which I used to visit once a year. The first two times I visited SFA I had a great time, but by my 3rd visit things deteriorated rapidly. During the 3rd visit the typhoon coaster and part of their HH was closed due to budget cuts. The 4th visit they didn't bother to open HH at all despite their website saying it was open and there were empty booze bottles in all the mens rooms. My final visted was a couple of years ago in the spring when SFA just opened for the year. I had a good time that day and everything went well until I got back to my car and found a botched door lock punch job on my car door. That means someone tried to break into my car but they screwed it up so at least they didn't get in. That was the last straw so I never been back there. Since then I found out that SFA is only a short drive away from some of DC's worst ghettos which explains alot.

GADV's HH is also getting pretty bad. It's woefully understaffed, very slow dispatches, and they pretty much force people to rent tubes for the Take It Ez Creek. Lack of two person rafts for the Tornado slide, the SFA Tornado does have both 2 and 4 person rafts. Some of the slides don't have enough tubes and the cutbacks in days and hours HH is open.

Edited by The Master

• 4 months later...