VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Point is removing Wicked Twister, last rides on Sept. 6th

Medusa42

After less than two decades of operation, Cedar Point has confirmed that Wicked Twister will be saying "Hasta la vista, baby!", closing next month. The last rides will be given on Labor Day. Opened on May 5, 2002, Wicked Twister became the tallest and fastest inverted roller coaster in the world. It was the first launched coaster to open at Cedar Point. This is an Intamin Impulse Coaster that uses an LIM launch. The ride has twisted spikes on both sides. Wicked Twister has a max height of 215 feet, with a drop of 206 feet and a max speed of 72 mph. The ride has given more than 16 million rides and it will be the park's first roller coaster to close since Mean Streak in 2016. Make sure you book a ticket to Ohio and get your last rides on Wicked Twister before Cedar Point terminates it.

2019-08-09.jpg

I'll be curious to see what replaces it (if anything). I don't follow Cedar Point's operations that closely but wonder if it had better uptime than Possessed at Dorney. It seems like Possessed had at least some downtime on most of my trips to Dorney.

Probably will be years until they replace it, I know this is Cedar Point, but Dorney's Stinger is still a field. You'd think they would move it, but I can imagine it being scrapped unfortunately. Wicked Twister is not my favorite ride, I would choose to remove that before any of the Arrows at Cedar Point. 

I like Dorney's Possessed more, because it just seems to run smoother. But, I hope to see this relocated to another park though.