VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Buying a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass

Tbone112499

Next year I graduate college, and the only big gift I want from my family is a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass with dining and drinks. I'm asking for it in mind of a trip I'm planning next year post-graduation to Cedar Point and Kings Island for the first time, knowing it'll lower the cost in the long run. However, while at school, I'm only 3hrs from Kings Dominion, definitely something I'm willing to make a day trip out of. I've been to this park before, but I'm missing some credits and want more rides on my current number one: Twisted Timbers. I'm thinking it may be best w/ this day trip in mind to maybe ask for the Platinum Pass early and have it be good for the rest of this year and 2022. However, while at home, Dorney is my "home" (closest @ about an hour and a half) Cedar Fair park. If I get this pass, does it work similarly to Six Flags where I must first visit the park the pass is tied to to activate it? And if this is the case, is it worth getting it tied to KD and making that my home park since I don't plan to visit Dorney between now and Labor Day when I go to KD? I was told that I may need to go back to KD to renew if I set up auto-renew, however with the difference being minimal in price, I'd be willing to rebuy at Dorney if I do decide on a Platinum Pass for 2023 (I've never had one before, so this next year would be a test on how much use I'd get out of it). What's the best way to go about all of this? TIA!