VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFGA Season Pass Changes

Yoshi

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like the park heard us loud and clear - according to the Six Flags website, different levels of season passes are now being offered at a fair yearly price!

2022 Season Pass rates are as follows:

Basic: $69.99

Gold Plus (includes parking and admission to all other Six Flags parks): $79.99

Platinum (adds unlimited soft drinks + 25% discount): $99.99

Diamond (adds preferred parking, skip the line pass, and 35% discount): $149.99

Diamond Elite (adds a second skip the line pass, Fright Fest haunted house, and 50% discount): $219.99

The prices above are very much in line with their monthly membership counterparts.  I'm so happy that these options exist and am going to inquire about upgrading my current basic pass to a higher tier.

• Like 2

This is great news. I haven’t been to a different Six Flags park in a very long time (last time was The Great Escape in 2000 when I was six years old), but my girlfriend and I want to take a trip out to Los Angeles in the next few years and I told her she can plan the entire trip as long as she gives me one day in Magic Mountain, and when that time comes I would like the option to upgrade my season pass so I can use it in the other parks.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

I wonder if this $5 single use flash pass from Magic Mountain will show up at other parks?

tdn1uea0cl281.jpg

Picture source: 389Tman389 on reddit

I like the idea of offering Flash Pass as a pay per ride option so you can just pay less if you just want to use it on a ride or two. When I was at Lake Compounce in 2010 they did something similar, each ride cost $1-$3 to skip the line. It wouldn't have been worth it to pay for an unlimited all day use price but for Ghost Hunt, $1 saved 30+ minutes in line.

SeaWorld and Busch have been doing this for a while now, where you can buy the all day Quick Queue for all the included rides and attractions, or just single Quick Queue for some rides (usually the newest ride). It's a great system for passholders when you just really want to skip the line for one thing, and you purchase through the app and then get right into the Quick Queue line. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 10:18 PM, Medusa42 said:

I wonder if this $5 single use flash pass from Magic Mountain will show up at other parks?

tdn1uea0cl281.jpg

Picture source: 389Tman389 on reddit

Too bad it wouldn't be able to work unless you have your phone, which you can't bring on certain rides. although we didn't thunk mobile flash pass would come here and then they introduced those paper bands so who knows.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:15 AM, themeparkpics55 said:

Too bad it wouldn't be able to work unless you have your phone, which you can't bring on certain rides. although we didn't thunk mobile flash pass would come here and then they introduced those paper bands so who knows.

That is the paradox theme parks have with guests bringing in electronic devices. On one hand they are another source of revenue, however, they also pose a great liability and hazzard. Personally I don't want to be burdened with carrying a device all around a park and risk losing or damaging it. 

On 12/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, The Master said:

That is the paradox theme parks have with guests bringing in electronic devices. On one hand they are another source of revenue, however, they also pose a great liability and hazzard. Personally I don't want to be burdened with carrying a device all around a park and risk losing or damaging it. 

That's why I thought Disney at least used to have parts of a great system. So they knew that new technology had to come, and when they switched to magic bands, they made it so if you didn't have a phone, you could still go to a kiosk and scan your band, and placed them all over the park. Your ticket and even credit card could be linked to this. Great adventure obviously won't bring something like this, but maybe they could invest in kiosks outside rides to buy a skip the line pass, that would just print a receipt. I believe sea world parks have these. And I know this year great adventure had that small cart to get skip the line passes, although that required an employee. Nobody wants to wait in the flash pass line to get skip the lines so they need to figure out a new way

• 2 months later...

We haven't had passes since pre-pandemic, and went to order them today. Am I missing something or have they eliminated the all season dining plan? We noticed that memberships were discontinued and replaced with the three-tier season passes, which we are OK with. However, we stopped the purchase when we couldn't find the dining plan. It seems that they only have a four meal add-on. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, Kingda Ka-Nitro said:

what a ripoff now. no more dining passes...althought that was quite a steal.

but 160 for a pass without restrictions is insane.

coupled with no bring a friend free is the stupidest shit in the world. the friends would come and buy food and drinks making them the most profit.

While we only ever had season passes, I'm scratching my head as to why they eliminated the memberships. From a business standpoint, memberships produce a more level stream of revenue and remain in place until the customer takes the initiative to cancel.

I would agree that there were quite a few drastic changes to admission and dining this year. 

Dorney still has an all-season dining plan, but the clientele at Dorney is even scarier that Great Adventure. 

Edited by rj1972

On 4/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, rj1972 said:

While we only ever had season passes, I'm scratching my head as to why they eliminated the memberships. From a business standpoint, memberships produce a more level stream of revenue and remain in place until the customer takes the initiative to cancel.

I would agree that there were quite a few drastic changes to admission and dining this year. 

Dorney still has an all-season dining plan, but the clientele at Dorney is even scarier that Great Adventure. 

Ha, Dorney can have bad clientele, but imagine going to Great Adventure during Fright Fest and getting harassed and followed for a phone you didn't steal.