VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Several Different Kinds of Holiday Events at Six Flags Parks this Year

29yrswithaGApass

Recent talk on Screamscape mentions that a few of the Six Flags parks will have limited rides (mostly non-coasters) open during Holiday in the Park including Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags Great America.  The revised line-up is being called Holiday in the Park Lights (not to be confused with Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience).  It looks like Six Flags New England will also have the reduced/no ride version.

According to Six Flags website, here is the breakdown:

SFTPRS1165529-2-1-1024x753.png

Holiday in the Park:  Discover Kingdom, Fiesta Texas, Frontier City, Over Texas, Over Georgia, America, Great Adventure.

SFTPRS1184165hip_lights_logo.png

Holiday in the Park Lights:  St.Louis, Great America, New England

hitpdt.jpg

Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru:  Great Adventure, Great America, New England

Sparkly-MOL-logo-1024x524.png

Magic of Lights:  (Drive-Thru light displays like Winter Lights):  Darien Lake

No events listed yet for Magic Mountain and Mexico.  LaRonde and Great Escape won't have events.

I guess I'm confused as to how it's possible to have Holiday in the Park (which I assume means people in the park) as well as Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience (cars driving in the park) at the same time.  I'm just guessing here, but wouldn't you have to do each on different days?

Could Great America and New England be taking a more cautious approach because in addition to the colder weather, those 2 parks are in states where amusement parks did not open last year and maybe they don't want to commit to too many rides open if they have to shut rides down again if there is a post Thanksgiving spike in cases?

• 9 months later...