VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Busch Gardens Tampa, 11/12/21

Yoshi

I went to Busch Gardens on Friday. It was the first day of Christmas Town but I did not stay late enough to see the lights but will visit again when I can stay later in the day.

It wasn't too crowded, only Cobra's Curse and Sand Serpent had lines of more than 10 minutes. Cobra's Curse was a posted 45 minute wait although it was probably less. I used my 1 Quick Queue there. Sand Serpent only runs 4 cars and doesn't dispatch a car until the previous car is almost to the drops after the hairpin turns. What would be under a 10 minute wait at The Dark Knight was a posted 30 minute wait here. With the log flume closed for annual maintenance and Falcon's Fury closed all day, that only left the train, rapids, carousel and bumper cars as non coaster rides open. Besides the Screamin Swing that is supposed to be added, some more non coaster rides are really needed.

The park is decorated very well, it reminded me a lot of Holiday in the Park. Besides being able to meet Santa, there was also a Rudolph meet and greet.

Cheetah Hunt is being repainted and supposed to reopen later next month.

Ride Count (once each):

Cobra's Curse

Montu

Scorpion

Tigris

Sheikra

IMG_9373.jpg.0c8655f6daa31894128f572cab4b94fa.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg.857561bde1de0e6443bd3a7f3afda759.jpg

IMG_9376.jpg.930390e1c6925a55dc66228cb0a05a0b.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg.ab50c481d3a30b368846f3a2099b00e4.jpg

IMG9389_eidt.jpg.170378ed10dc91df730e61d0f19e4ff6.jpg

• Like 1

• Yoshi changed the title to Busch Gardens Tampa, 11/12/21

I believe Falcon's Fury is waiting on a part from Intamin.

Christmas Town at Busch Gardens is one of my favorite things. It's not as good as Williamsburg's CT, but BGT and SeaWorld's Christmas are the two best holiday events in Florida. Both really feel like Christmas and have more lights and generally better shows than Disney and Universal. 

I'm planning to check out Sea World's event at least once or twice. That's great to know that the shows at both parks are good. I'll try to see some of the shows when I visit for more time since I have been mostly just stopping in for an hour or 90 minutes when I am near Busch Gardens.