VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hersheypark adding Jolly Rancher Remix & Mix’d™ Flavored By Jolly Rancher for 2022

Medusa42

Looks like a good addition. The flat rides at Hershey always seem popular and have longer lines compared to the same rides at other parks in the area like the Scrambler. 

It seems like most of the new additions since the Triple Towers in 2017 have been themed to candy.

Hopefully they will have enough staffing to run it. Last couple of years Hershey has gotten really bad with not running many of their flats and operating rides at minimum capacity even on busy days. Similar to how GADV was like in the late 90's, early 2000's with lots of rides SBNO on most days. 

Yeah that was a problem even before Covid. 

On a Friday night during Hersheypark in the Dark in 2019, 33 rides total were closed. Mostly kiddie rides but also Fahrenheit, Sidewinder, Wild Mouse, 2 of 3 Triple Towers and almost all flat rides. I took screen shots of the app because I couldn’t believe how many closed rides there were.

Then a few weeks later I went to Great Adventure on Veterans Day, Jackson schools were in session but they only had 1 or 2 closed rides. I was impressed with how many rides they had open since I expected way more to be closed.

5 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Yeah that was a problem even before Covid. 

On a Friday night during Hersheypark in the Dark in 2019, 33 rides total were closed. Mostly kiddie rides but also Fahrenheit, Sidewinder, Wild Mouse, 2 of 3 Triple Towers and almost all flat rides. I took screen shots of the app because I couldn’t believe how many closed rides there were.

Then a few weeks later I went to Great Adventure on Veterans Day, Jackson schools were in session but they only had 1 or 2 closed rides. I was impressed with how many rides they had open since I expected way more to be closed.

Yes, their staffing issue slowly started getting worse in 2018 and even more rides closed on certain days in 2019. Stationing an employee for FastTrack on a lot of ride did not help that at all, they don't need four seat checkers every time Great Bear is open. They don't have as many employee as they would like for sure, but filling unnecessary spots all the time won't help the issue.