VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Busch Gardens Tampa, 4/25/22

Yoshi

On Monday I went to Busch Gardens Tampa for a short trip. It was the first day that spring break was over and I was interested in seeing how crowds were going to be. Before Iron Gwazi opened I expected it to have 2+ hour waits every day during Spring Break and on slow days it would have a 45-60 minute wait with it being a new hyped up coaster and RMC coasters not having the best capacity. That really hasn't been the case with the coaster getting around an 1 - 1 1/2 hour wait around opening and by the afternoon, the wait times really get low as people to other areas of the park.

I was very surprised when I got to the park in the afternoon and saw Iron Gwazi was only a 1 - 2 train wait. I am up to 30 rides on the coaster and I still don't have the layout memorized yet. It's forceful but not too intense and really re-rideable.

After 3 rides I went to Cheetah Hunt. 3 trains were running and it was a 10 minute wait. This is another fun coaster that is on the tamer side but that's good with how many intense coasters are at the park.

Cobra's Curse was next. It was a 20 minute posted wait but I used my Platinum Quick Queue there and walked right on. This coaster has the best theming in the park and the ride is fun with the forwards portion, backwards section and then spinning.

I'm hoping to get some more visits in before schools finish for the year in about a month (I'm still not used to that, with PA and NJ schools ending in mid/late June) and it will then be crowded almost everyday.

IMG_2001.jpg.b49d5271e1fbcfe837dace004c7c1964.jpg

Before Iron Gwazi, I didn't know sideways air time was possible.

IMG_2007.jpg.d3e9e82fcc0d38216d5c5125ac6868b1.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg.44f3f7a4855db7de75cdc3530955e441.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg.744d3a6a8b3a3fd685f171aae123b3ab.jpg

• Like 1

• Yoshi changed the title to Busch Gardens Tampa, 4/25/22