VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You can’t go home (or work)again

I am in Nj dealing with some business. Having some free time today, and given that there is no better day to visit than a rainy one, my husband and I decided to visit the safari. 

First thing I was very aware of, was how few animals there seemed to be in some of the sections. Also, I was dismayed to see the big cats are penned rather than being able to roam in their sections. And the monkey jungle, I just wanted to cry! They are now separated from the cars and we saw only 3-4 just sitting along the building. Where did they all go! The highlight for us we’re the giraffe. One was licking rain water off the car and then finished by removing our rear windshield wiper blade! 

The big cats have been fenced off from the roadway since 1988 as a safety precaution. The monkeys typically hide out in their building during the rain.  They still have quite a few of them.  They have been fenced off the roadway due to the amount of damage that they did to the cars since 2004.