GAcoaster

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It looks like the same quality from when it first came out like a decade ago. To address the 3D issue. The movies aren't completely shown in 3D. Maybe a scene here and there and that's it? 3D is a waste of money.

It looks like the same quality from when it first came out like a decade ago. To address the 3D issue. The movies aren't completely shown in 3D. Maybe a scene here and there and that's it? 3D is a waste of money.

The only 3D films that I have seen that were only partly in 3D like that were a couple of the Harry Potter films. Those Potter films had subtitles that would pop up to tell you when to put your glasses on. All of the other 3D films I have seen were completely in 3D, but retro fitted 3D doesn't work as well as a film that was shot with a 3D camera.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Like the other Baz Lurman films, it looks AMAZING, but I have to wonder if it will live up to expectations. His films, like Tim Burton's, are often style over substance and really spectacular to watch, but end up falling flat on second viewing.

I can't wait for this...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anyone see Maleficent? I caught in in IMAX-3D and really like it. It was much better than I expected with the twists in storyline from the animated feature. Even though Disney's Sleeping Beauty is in the top three of my favorite Disney films, I think had it just been a live version of the animated one I would have been disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...