VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Quassy’s New for 2022 Rocket Rapids Water Coaster

Sluggo77

This past Friday, thanks to the the awesome team at Quassy, I had the chance to check out their new water coaster, Rocket Rapids.  This new water coaster is the single largest investment in the park's 114-year history, yes more then Wooden Warrior, and the first of its kind in the State of Connecticut.  

Designed by ProSlide Technology Inc. of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the ride incorporates the company’s patented RocketBLAST water jet propulsion system. As you'll see the high-pressure jets push two-person rafts up three separate inclines along this fast-paced ride.

In addition, Rocket Rapids Water Coaster features four ProSlide FlyingSAUCER elements that provide high-speed accelerating banked turns. The attraction is over 600 feet in length and now brings the total number of waterslides in Splash Away Bay to 16 all of which have been provided by ProSlide.

Needless to say this water coaster was a ton of fun and something I hope more parks continue to add.  With permission I was able to shoot some footage that I then edited into the below short video. It contains multiple off-ride camera angles of the ride in action and a complete on-ride POV.  Just using a GoPro for the on-ride and my iPhone for the off-ride shots and to edit I think it came out decent.  Again a big shout out to Quassy for this solid investment. Hope you like it!

• Like 1