VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Musik Express

GAcoaster

Can anyone guess why the song we're playing on the Music Express Spotlight was chosen? (Besides the obvious "play that music" theme)

Hint: It wasn't because we searched for a song that contained the lyrics "white boy"! :D

I think it is: play that funky right boy! Play that music rrrright. But it does sound alot like white rather than right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

To my recollection, Music Express never went backwards.

Yet another great "flat ride" GA had to offer. The ride operator would often play the top albums out at the time while the ride was in motion. Can vividly recall the guy once playing "Back In Black," and the people waiting on line would get fired up.

They had the ride at a cool location in the park, in between the Enterprise and Swabinchin.

If you timed it right, you could get on those three rides within 30 minutes or less.

• 8 months later...

I use to be a ride lead at the Music Express. Did it ever go backwards and forward? Dorney Park had one that went both directions. I know it could just like the trabant can go both directions, but have they ever done it?

Also one last comment about the music, at Dorney the loud speaker overrode the music but not at Great Adventure.

• 8 months later...

This probably means that they'll replace it, put some new rides back there, and open it up.

If all my dreams came true, they'd put a GCI woodie in the woods back there and call it "Jersey Devil", and make it like the Beast where it's hard to tell what's coming from the entrance. That'd be the perfect compliment to El Toro and Nitro, our other two "Top 10" coasters.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, everyone.

It's terrible to see the park's fantastic himalaya ride, Musik Express, standing but not operating. Has there been any word concerning possible repairs over the course of the 2011 season for perhaps a late 2011/2012 opening? From what I've heard, there's been no plans to remove it; it's just not a priority right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the radio on the other day while driving and heard Paul McCartney's "Silly Love Songs." Have heard the song millions of times since 1976, but it somehow flashed in my mind that was the song the ride operators for Music Express played the first time I rode that ride that year.

Does anybody remember the song played the first time you went on it?