VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Musik Express

GAcoaster

Great group. Great song. Just flashing back (Have had a tendency to do that when looking at this site:) on some of the other songs I remember the operators playing. Another one that popped into my mind was Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel Like We Do." That was in 1977. I remember a guy sitting a row in front of us saying we should have been allowed to ride the whole time during the duration of the song. It's a 15-minute song!!! The ride operator started laughing so hard. He said something like, "If I did that, you guys would have passed out spinning around all this time." Oh, the memories!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

As of the last we heard the STRUCTURE still stands, but the ride vehicles were sold (or sent to another park) at the start of last season. The problem with re-opening Musik Express is it would need to be relocated into an open area of the park and new cars purchased for it. My understanding is the cars would cost almost as much as buying the ride new. The same goes for Autobahn which is why they won't be returning anytime soon.

Until attendance increases Old Country will not be re-opening either (at least not in the form it was. Supposedly there are plans to redevelop the whole area, but there are no details as to what or when they redevelop it.

I don't see they'll be replacing Musik Express anytime soon since the Jolly Roger is essentially the same ride.

• 1 month later...

After learning some new details we are moving the Musik Express from SBNO (standing but not operating) status on our Spotlight to defunct. While the ride structure still stands vacant the rest of the ride has been sent on to assist a similar ride in another Six Flags park. (Magic Mountain can return the favor by sending us their Sky Tower!) :P

sfmm_flash_04.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It would be nice to see Great Adventure get a new Music Express. A quick search looks like they could get a used one for $250,000:

http://www.usedrides.com/ViewAd.aspx?Ad=21033&view=i

That doesn't seem too bad compared to the millions for a new major ride or coaster.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

So I was on the ferris wheel today and looked over into Old Country... The Musik Express is gone! :(

Its about time. Its been torn up and broken for years. Although that section was rarely opened so it makes sense to not tear it down right away. Makes me think they cleared it because possibly holiday in the park may go into that area and didn't want the eyesore.

I doubt it. They probably would've announced it. Don't think they'd open that area for just one ride either. When that section opens i feel like it'll be because a major coaster or a flat package. It would be a giant dead space from that area all the way to Batman/Dark Knight since there are no other attractions or rides for gust to stop at.