VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Lightnin' Loops

GAcoaster

scan0031.jpg
scan0004a.jpg
19890068.jpg

Please discuss all your memories of Lightnin' Loops here, but please note we will not allow discussion of the ride accident. It was an unfortunate accident, and while it is part of the park's history, we wish to focus on the good memories of Lightnin' Loops and the millions of safe rides it provided over the years, not just the one unfortunate accident.

Thank You,

The GAH Staff

Great Spotlight. I first went on this when I was around 10 yrs. old (1980). The first two year's it was open I was one of the little kids that went up the steps but chickend out at the top. I remember when the whole thing would rock when a train was launched and I would go right back down. I'm glad you included that fact in the Spotlight, it takes me way back. Great as always.

Great spotlight, this was one of the rides I looked forward to seeing the most. Most likely because there was the similar Black Widow at Riverside that I never got on, only because I was (as you mentioned!) too scared to climb the stairs!

Great Spotlight!

And does anyone else see the irony? Blue was done for a few years and had more down time than red. But red had the accident, but red is the one that reopened and stayed open!

-Dainan "This story sounds familiar" Rafferty

Guest warnerleroy
This wraps up the Summer of Spotlights! Thanks to everyone for casting your votes for our Reader's Choice Spotlight! Next up Dreams & Nightmares!

Interesting way to put it, should I be excited(it's a cool name) or scared

Superb Spotlight! Bravo! A great way to wrap up the season of spotlights. I loved Lightnin Loops, and this spotlight really brings me back. Great job! :)

I remember going to Circus World Amusement Park near Orlando in 1983 with my grandfather. I was so impressed because their single loop version of Lightnin' Loops called the Flying Daredevil actually had an elevator to the top platform. I thought it was strange that a small park like Circus World had an elevator yet we were so much larger and more crowded and we only had stairs. Their train was shorter by a couple of cars too.

Guys as always an absolutely amazing spotlight. Though not my reader's choice selection :P it is so in depth and full. Definitely one of the best on the site. And again for me who has never ridden the ride great to really get an idea of what its about. Very nice way to end the Summer of Spotlights :)