VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Point Announces Top Thrill 2 for 2024

GAcoaster

The specific inclusion of "as you know it" piques my curiosity. Are they gonna completely scrap the old one? Will they replace it with a bigger & better version? Will they keep the original structure and build something new with its old foundation (like a completely new spin on what a "hybrid" coaster can be)? The possibilities are endless.

Or they can just give it to Dorney Park. That place is already used to getting hand-me-downs from Cedar Point.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • GAcoaster changed the title to Cedar Point Top Thrill Dragster for 2024
  • GAcoaster changed the title to Cedar Point Announces Top Thrill 2 for 2024

You always heard the complaint that the strata coasters are too short in length, and they actually fixed it.  It’s not gonna have as a high of a riders per hour that Dragster had though.

The spike and backwards launch are going to be incredible!

I think it's a great solution for the hydraulic launch issues, but I still feel like it's so much wasted energy not having it do anything but run into the brakes at the end. Make it a full coaster with more elements. Create more blocks for more trains in operation. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 9:13 AM, Gyrotron said:

I really thought they were going to take this opportunity to get the height record back (at least for North America). That makes me quite happy for Kingda Ka. 🙂

they almost gonna take it back, but they didn't, lol