VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2022 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 23- Add a Resort Hotel to the Park

• 3 weeks later...

This is a wish that predates them all-- part of Warner LeRoy's plan to include a hotel as part of the park property.

While the park is less isolated than it used to be, and a hotel is supposed to be built up the road, there's still room and reason for a hotel on property. 

Last year I had the pleasure of staying in a hotel at Dollywood's Dream More Resort and it really was a great experience that turned what was in the past an enjoyable trip to a theme park into a vacation. It's a shame the plans for the hotel were cancelled last minute ( https://greatadventurehistory.com/PBNBSFGAHotel.htm ), it appears to have been very similar to the Dream More and would have been a huge asset to the park. 

I still think an indoor waterpark would be a great addition as part of a resort hotel as well, but a nice hotel would suffice!

• Like 3

For the years when I lived 2 1/2 hours away from the park, I would have stayed at an on site hotel. That way I could have gone to the park 2 days in a row. I know there were hotels 20 minutes away but I didn't want to bother staying more than a few minutes from the park.