VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Pizza Parlor Spotlight

7 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

I always find it funny the beer window is still there on the back of the building, just like on Tower of Pizza and Eat! Eat!. No matter how many times they've been remodeled the steel roll down door is still there... 

Is that because they no longer serve it, or was that just one of those strange NJ laws at one point that required a separate spot for such beverages?

Originally the rules were much more strict. Essentially the beer counters were locked so no employees could access them without a supervisor who was certified. The doors are really strong and lock from the inside, so no one could break in and get at the beer.

2012_06_16_IMG_1368%20copy.jpg

The rules were also very strict about where it could be consumed, and only on the patios attached to the restaurant. All the patios had these signs at one point:

2015_08_20_IMG_0702%20copy.jpg

Here's the one at Eat! Eat! (now Mama Flora's):

20052409%20copy.jpg

The Tower of Pizza/Bandstand Cafe/McDonalds/Looney Toons Camp Kitchen actually has/had two:

062606%20036%20copy.jpg

2008_04_05_IMG_3823%20copy.jpg

I forgot the park used to have Papa John's. In more recent years, this was one of the places I usually ate at when the park was crowded because it seemed to usually have a shorter line compared to Johnny Rocket's and Main Street Pub.

makes me wonder about that proposed facade makeover idea from the time Warner era, I can see that blending that in the Main Street feeling, maybe they still have a chance to pull it off, I mean, they remodeled Johnny rockets to blend in with Main Street so why not bring back the original proposed facade makeover idea for this building